Sign in to follow this  
superold

True freshman Dake vs Stieber

true freshman Dake vs current Stieber? Don't think so.

Yes, in an ncaa final. From watching Stieber this season, especially his 2 matches with Retherford, I think Dake would have a good chance to win. Dake at 5'9 would have a considerable length advantage. I also like what Dake brings to the table in terms of athleticism and scrambling. I think Dake would have a great chance of putting Stieber on his back.

Who really cares?

i do

Why? For any reason other than your are bored, what does it matter?

If you don't want to play with the kids, stay off the playground.

As for the topic. Dake as a freshman was very good. Perhaps better than Retherford. With that said, I'd see a junior Stieber as the heavy favorite. Keep in mind that Dake struggled mightily with with a Buckeye who was far less credentialed than their current 141 lber.

As for the topic. Dake as a freshman was very good. Perhaps better than Retherford. With that said, I'd see a junior Stieber as the heavy favorite. Keep in mind that Dake struggled mightily with with a Buckeye who was far less credentialed than their current 141 lber.

Has Stieber ever beaten Humphrey?

On one of the local boards an opinion was expressed that, according to the specific criteria for Hodge selection, that Stieber met them more than Dake did last year, and that Logan was robbed of the award, because of another wrestler's "lifetime achievement".

Yeah or nay?

On one of the local boards an opinion was expressed that, according to the specific criteria for Hodge selection, that Stieber met them more than Dake did last year, and that Logan was robbed of the award, because of another wrestler's "lifetime achievement".

Yeah or nay?

What criteria did Logan meet more than Dake?

Since both were undefeated, it would have been the second (pins) and third (dominance) criteria I guess.

Yeah or nay?

Who won more matches? Whoever won more matches would have the better record. I'm not sure of the statistics between the two.

I don't know who won more matches. Lets say Dake had 40-0 and Stieber had 38-0, would that have been the difference you think?

I don't know LwkdSteve. Do you remember the exact argument that was made on the local Ohio boards?

I don't know who won more matches. Lets say Dake had 40-0 and Stieber had 38-0, would that have been the difference you think?

I don't know LwkdSteve. Do you remember the exact argument that was made on the local Ohio boards?

Yes, as mentioned, since best record was a wash, it came down to dominance and pins. Correctly or incorrectly that was the argument. I wondered if anyone else agreed, or if the fifth criteria (past credentials) should have overrode all else. There are objective criteria, but how much weight to give criteria against one another, would seem to be subjective.

Yes, as mentioned, since best record was a wash, it came down to dominance and pins. Correctly or incorrectly that was the argument. I wondered if anyone else agreed, or if the fifth criteria (past credentials) should have overrode all else. There are objective criteria, but how much weight to give criteria against one another, would seem to be subjective.

Why is record a wash? If Dake had more wins, he would have the edge in the record category. I thought he led the nation in pins last year also. I thought those were the first two criteria: record and pins.