Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

"You make our sport boring"

Says Cael to the ref.

Tell your boy to take a real shot. I dare you.

Are you serious? Did Heflin take a shot this entire bout?

He took 2 fewer actual shots than McIntosh.

I'm not talking heel-toe-knee forward into the guy.

Says Cael to the ref.

Tell your boy to take a real shot. I dare you.

Are you serious? Did Heflin take a shot this entire bout?

He took 2 fewer actual shots than McIntosh.

I'm not talking heel-toe-knee forward into the guy.

You mean re-shots. They interviewed Heflin ''the coaches made me realize...". Yeah, they taught him to let the other guy dictate the action and just wait for him to eff up.

Now we get to watch Stallson do the same.

Most of the crowd is leaving now. They're sick of Nelson watching the paint dry. Chalfont has taken every freaking shot. Heflin part 2.

Plus, they don't want to hear the "WE ARE...PENN STATE" chants.

Most of the crowd is leaving now. They're sick of Nelson watching the paint dry. Chalfont has taken every freaking shot. Heflin part 2.

Exactly! How does Nelson make it through regulation without at least stall warning, if not giving up three stall calls and 2 points? The officials need to grab some sack and start calling stalling as it's written in the rule book. Or as they used to call it back when I was wrestling. It's ruining the sport.

Exactly! How does Nelson make it through regulation without at least stall warning, if not giving up three stall calls and 2 points? The officials need to grab some sack and start calling stalling as it's written in the rule book. Or as they used to call it back when I was wrestling. It's ruining the sport.

I can't fault Heflin, Nelson or Delgado. The refs give them the path to win that way, why not take it? The point is Cael's right, they do make our sport boring.

Agree with PAnewbie. The day the refs change the wrestlers will too. I may have talked about Nelson being boring in the past, but truly it's the refs fault. Quit being pansies and waiting until the last 10 seconds to call stalling, and go read the entire section of the rule book pertaining to stalling.

People have been hoping for stalling to be called "correctly" for decades. Sorry, it's not going to happen. Refs are people too, and they will try do things like other refs, and they will not want to determine the outcomes of matches.

It's like communists who think communism is the best form of government if someone would only implement it correctly. Sorry! Communism will never work. Time to move on.

The only way to encourage action is a push out. I wouldn't even mind a shot clock. Let's do it.

Oh yeah, I was cracking up when I heard Cael say that. As far as making the sport boring, I still say the most blatant "non" stall call is the wrestler(s) walking straight off the wrestling area. For example, Delgado backing off at 1:10 left in the first period. That is such an easy call, yet most all refs give each wrestler about 3 or 4 free ones before they start calling it.

As far as McIntosh, sounds like a great kid, and a number one prospect out of HS, so surprised not a lot more offensive fireworks, especially considering his wrestling room.

One more thing, IMO, overall there weren't many blatant walkoff stalls throughout the finals, except that one with Delgado at 1:10. You don't call that, then "you make our sport boring".

College wrestling has become extremely boring, again this is just my opinion. No shots taken, riding, wow, just hang on as long as you can, very few wrestlers work for turns.

I am not a Penn State fan at all but Taylor and Ruth are fun to watch, Guys like Joe Colon and Stieber who actually try and generate some offense.

Matches like Graff and Ramos BORING!!!!

It was amusing watching the paltry chatter (confusion) here if whether Iowa or psu was going to win the team race. It's like no one can follow the scoring. Talk about boring.

If you went to Cornell and can't follow Tournament scoring then you need to ask for a refund. :D

College wrestling has become extremely boring, again this is just my opinion. No shots taken, riding, wow, just hang on as long as you can, very few wrestlers work for turns.

I am not a Penn State fan at all but Taylor and Ruth are fun to watch, Guys like Joe Colon and Stieber who actually try and generate some offense.

Matches like Graff and Ramos BORING!!!!

Well said. You and the others have it right. The refs that condone stalling are killing the sport, and the powers that be that are fixated on duals while this is going on right under their noses should really be replaced. Time for some new leadership that has some guts.

Love Cael's quote.

2-1.... THAT is exactly what I have said for years. NO finals for refs that call stalling poorly. It would certainly get stalling called......or you and I would have to ref cause there wouldn't be any regular refs left to call the finals. lol