Sign in to follow this  
JBluegill133

Favorite Moment of the Big Tens 2014

A lot of great wrestling this weekend. I would love to hear everyone's favorite moment of the weekend. Doesn't have to be wrestling, could be pre match, post match, and everything in between. I'll throw a few that stuck out to me to get the ball rolling.

1.) David Taylor in the finals...Nick Moore gets behind Taylor standing up and lifts to bring him to the mat for a takedown...taylor noncholently hits a standing granby and ends up behind Moore for the takedown...It was incredible.

2.) Tom Brands (maybe terry sorry) after DSJ beat Jordan in the Semis.... jumping up and down and pointing at St. John...I know a lot of people hate, but that has to get the iowa wrestlers so pumped to see their coach that passionate and invested in their matches.

3.) Taylor from wisconsin running past the iowa crowd with his hands raised....this entire weekend it was the Iowa nation vs the rest of the kohls center. Being an Illinois guy it a little jealously rises out of me...it must be fun being the villian like that...especially when the iowa fan base comes out in full to these events.

1. Watching Logie Bear take Retherford down like he was drilling. He made it look easy both times, as if he could've taken him down 10x if he had to. The match had a decent chance of being a snoozefest if Stieber had played Retherford's game of trying to keep it close, but instead, he turned it into a crowd-friendly ass whooping.

2. David Taylor's standing granby reaction to Moore's counter (the best counter to a counter I've seen all season). Premium highlight reel material.

3. Evans scoring on the double against Kokesh to make the match interesting in the third period. I couldn't believe my eyes, but Evans did really hit one of the nicest TDs of the finals. The surprise factor was high on this one.

Kokesh's misdirection duck under on the edge against Evans in the finals was beautiful.

As mentioned already, Taylor's standing granby was fantastic.

Probably the two most aesthetically pleasing techniques executed in the finals IMO.

Logan reminding the up and coming youngster as well as the nation who the top dog really is in dominating fashion.

Sueflohn and Dardanes putting an absolute BEATING on Grajales was pretty gratifying. A humbling experience for him.....I would hope, but doubt it, lol.

The entire arena going CRAZY after Burak got beat in semis while Brands waives his arms up and down and yells at Burak, "you hear that!" as Burak sprinted off to locker room, lol. Great stuff

When Delgado beat Megaludis, who then threw a temper tantrum push that went completely unnoticed as Delgado celebrated.

Taylor's standing granby. ridiculous.

Green blasting right through St. John was pretty good too.

My favorite moment was watching Mark Perry in the corner. He looked like he was battling a bad hangover

bahahaha when i got home last night and rewatched the 125 finals i thought the same thing. I was like dang Mark Perry looks like he just got done with quite the bender on State st. His eyes were half closed!!

Seeing Penn State win with 2 backups wrestling in the conference tournament and both of them qualifying for NCAAs!

Clark and English r not backups, they were selected and/or won their starting positions

Favorite moment(s)?

Seeing Penn State win with 2 backups wrestling in the conference tournament and both of them qualifying for NCAAs!

Good God, that's just pathetic. Posts like this make you look like an embarrassment to the Marines.

Favorite moment(s)?

Good God, that's just pathetic. Posts like this make you look like an embarrassment to the Marines.

Imagine how good they would have done with their starters! ;)

Nah... It was much more exciting having the team race that close.

And anyone saying that nobody cared about the tournament's scoring is seriously kidding themselves. That was more exciting than all the individuals matches*. First Minnesota went up and down vs. PSU then they dropped down, then Iowa shot up sea-sawing with Penn State for 1st and 2nd, and everyone was paying attention getting excited for the tournaments final score until the very end when everything fell into place and PSU pulled ahead.

* Maybe with the exception of the Steiber v Retherford match lol

1. Taylor's roll to a TD

2. Kokesh misdirection to a TD

Those were nice wrestling antidotes to the minutes of ankle-grabbing-funk-defense and hanging on for dear life in the overtimes that had to be endured for much of the tournament.