Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

Taylor will go to 157 to wrestle Dake

I am struggling to see how T&T were superior. It just looks similar to metcalf.

I am unsure if you're being sarcastic or not but I'll bite.

Tom especially was far superior. His shots were much cleaner particularly his sweep single. He also had a great blast double that Metcalf has never hit as he always hits High Crotches instead. Tom was much more physically dominant as well and rarely was out sized as I still Metcalf as small for his respective weights.

Terry is much more technical and efficient and rarely forced bad shots.

He too was a monster for his weight.

Good info. Definitely serious. I've seen one bit by one of the T&T, saying they were not very technical wrestlers. I didn't think it was particularly accurate, but it does make you think about it when the wrestler says it.

Scoring can be quite different in freestyle than it is in folk. A friend of mine who was a two-time All-American at PSU wrestled Ohio State great Kevin Randleman in the semifinals at the first ever University Freestyle Nationals. Randleman beat him 6-4 and not one of Randleman's points would have scored in folkstyle. He had two 3-point moves because of back exposure and lifting my friend while doing so from neutral when my friend tried a single leg. Not one time did he have the control needed to be awarded a takedown in folkstyle. My friend scored all four points on takedowns that would have been a takedown in folkstyle. They were all singles and maybe one double leg, I forget the exact details since it was over 20 years ago. Earlier that season, this friend beat Randleman 9-7 in folkstyle at an open tournament.

HINT: That friend is a former PSU assistant coach under Troy Sunderland and did win this tournament in 1992.

Guest Hammerlock3

most people lose to those they toss around, beat on offence and defence and pin in free when the folkstyle rematch occurs