Sign in to follow this  
Tech_fall15

How will Marstellar do in College?

Super insecure. You truly need some help. You said about Chance:

"And yes, Marsteller showed poor technique on his TD finishes. His setups could have been better too btw."

This IS putting down a kid. A 4X PA state UPPER weight champ. Please, please... grow up. Think before you write, and try, just try to actually reflect about your own pathetic and wretched life before you put down kids. I truly feel sorry for you being so immature, adolescent, and insecure.

Noone, and I mean no person really cares about your opinions or beliefs. We are just trying to help you from being an embarrassment and humiliation to the human race and help you actually grow up a tad. I know it must be EXCEPTIONALLY challenging for you to actually stop and think before you type, but please, for yourself, your family, and even if you have one friend, please just give up before you embarrass yourself even more.

You actually said, in a condescending and patronizing way:

"I'm not sure why you are taking issue with me saying that Marsteller's accomplishments are nice."

Question: Are you really that dense and unintelligent?

To call what he has done in his life, compared to what YOU have done (i.e., nothing)..."nice" is beyond ignorant, ill-mannered, and badly informed. By calling Chance's accomplishments "nice" is pathetic and laughable beyond the pale.

So please... just give it a rest... go take a walk... ask yourself a new mantra:

“Why am I so insecure?”

“Why am I so insecure?”

“Why am I so insecure?”

Find the answer, or in your case answers... and go a week without putting down a kid or asking the unenlightened 100,000 gobbledygook questions you always do.

Again... no one cares about your ignorant, hypothetical questions or insights.

Try to reflect and contemplate before you write (or speak) and attempt to show some class. You will be better off for it.

"And yes, Marsteller showed poor technique on his TD finishes. His setups could have been better too btw." This IS putting down a kid. A 4X PA state UPPER weight champ. Please, please... grow up. Think before you write, and try, just try to actually reflect about your own pathetic and wretched life before you put down kids. I truly feel sorry for you being so immature, adolescent, and insecure.

You're too sensitive Leshishmore. Far too sensitive. You are actually trying to tell me that watching a wrestling match and pointing out facts about the match is putting someone down. He lost the match, and he lost it for a reason. It's no crime to point out how/why a wrestler lost a match. If these are your standards, why do you only call me out? Writing observations about wrestling matches is what this forum is about. Should we shut down the entire forum? Serious question

And I'm not sure why nearly everyone who responds to me keeps on mentioning that Marsteller is a 4x PA state champ. I know that already. I'm talking about college, and the average PA state champ couldn't come close to making D1 AA while in HS.

Noone, and I mean no person really cares about your opinions or beliefs. We are just trying to help you from being an embarrassment and humiliation to the human race and help you actually grow up a tad. I know it must be EXCEPTIONALLY challenging for you to actually stop and think before you type, but please, for yourself, your family, and even if you have one friend, please just give up before you embarrass yourself even more.

You do care about my opinions. How many times have you responded to me now Leshishmore? And clearly you are emotionally involved. Why else would you continuously lie about me? Why else would you call me names?

You actually said, in a condescending and patronizing way...

There's nothing wrong with what I said about Marsteller's accomplishments. I'm sorry that when discussing college wrestling, PA state championships don't mean that much to me. Sorry Lesh.

To call what he has done in his life, compared to what YOU have done (i.e., nothing)..."nice" is beyond ignorant, ill-mannered, and badly informed. By calling Chance's accomplishments "nice" is pathetic and laughable beyond the pale

I'm sorry that my compliments towards Chance aren't good enough for you.

So please... just give it a rest... go take a walk... ask yourself a new mantra:

“Why am I so insecure?”

“Why am I so insecure?”

“Why am I so insecure?”

Find the answer, or in your case answers... and go a week without putting down a kid or asking the unenlightened 100,000 gobbledygook questions you always do.

I'm not insecure in the least Leshishmore. I've never put down a kid on these boards. Why don't you take your own advice? Going by your post here, it seems like you need it far more than I do.

Again... no one cares about your ignorant, hypothetical questions or insights.

If you don't care, stop responding to me.

Try to reflect and contemplate before you write (or speak) and attempt to show some class. You will be better off for it.

Try to reflect and contemplate before YOU write (or speak) and attempt to show some class. YOU will be better off for it.

I can do that too Lesh.

Has anyone supported this ya-hoo superdumb? Guy clearly is an idiot. Can you imagine hanging out with a guy like this....bash kids, argues to the enth degree just to try and make a point, have everyone dislike you, etc.

Thanks all for your insight I have learned a great deal from many of your deep knowlege of the sport as it relates to Marstellar and his future performance. Any additional opinions on how Chance will translate to the next level is appreciated. I certainly have my views as many of you.

Has anyone supported this ya-hoo superdumb? Guy clearly is an idiot. Can you imagine hanging out with a guy like this....bash kids, argues to the enth degree just to try and make a point, have everyone dislike you, etc.

I never bashed a kid BigBrog. And I don't post what I post so that people will like me.

I give myself a lot of things. Credit is not one of them. My achievements in this sport are all I need. Well, that, and destroying the very small bit of credibility and showing the boards your total lack of an ability to objective.

And you failed at that Vhsalum. I think your credibility is under question, you refuse to answer my direct questions and then go off on tangents as if you are proving something. In the middle of all of this, you actually agreed with my major points. And you fail to answer the questions that will end this discussion once and for all.

Dude! You can't just say I "failed," that is the ENTIRE POINT OF THIS ARGUMENT. I have listed my reasons as to why YOUR statement is inaccurate. YOU HAVE NOT. I have answered ALL of your direct questions. You have answered NONE of mine. And I only asked you two. Here they are again, just to refresh your memory:

Now, I will ask you just TWO questions.

1. Do you believe that in ANY CASE, and with ANY TWO WRESTLERS, the ONLY reason one does not win a scoring attempt is because of Poor technique?

Please answer this question. It is a yes or no.

2. Do you believe that Strength, or the lack-of, is a plausible reason for one wrestler to not be able to score on another (in the same weight class)?

I have given my reasons as to why your major points are FALSE, and the only argument, which you have repeated, is your original premise. Even you can understand that one cannot stand on an argument based solely on the argument itself. There must be some evidence that supports it. And using my words, my analysis, my experts, my anecdotal and saying i AGREE with you is being disingenuous at best, and obtuse, rude and nonsensical at worst.

And your reasons were found to be lacking. That one post that you keep referring to as if it was such a great post, was poor. It wasn't even attacking my position, it was attacking a position that you created and then imputed to me. And I'm not even sure when you made these great arguments that you speak of. I honestly think you're confused.

Again, you do not get to decide whether my reasons are lacking. ESPECIALLY, if you provide no evidence yourself. Here is the ONE TIME you offered analysis:

Look at his head position on his shots in his match vs. Rhoads. Also notice how he fails sink in his arm elbow deep when he's going for the finish to his single legs, his elbow is too far away from his body. He also had trouble with his footwork; he had trouble getting his legs under him when he got in on a few of his shots. Those are a few flaws there, and there's more where that came from.

Guess What? I DESTROYED your argument, when I listed the sequence of scoring attempts. And again, here is where we ALL begin to understand that you are both denigrating a (at the time) high school sophomore wrestling a man three years his senior and do not understand the role that STRENGTH plays in the sport - HIS ELBOWS COME TO HIS SIDE AFTER EVERY ATTEMPT TO FINISH. Your own words say his head position was bad in his "shots." That's plural buddy. He only took one bad shot with his head in bad position. And to your initial, MAJOR POINT, he executed great technique in TRANSITIONING to multiple finish attempts. His feet were under him on all of his shots save for ONE. That is NOT a FEW. Nice try.

So unless you can provide your OWN analysis, anecdotal evidence or expert testimony that contradicts my words, you lose. If you do not, then the rest of the posters are correct in saying that you just want to insult a kid.

Also. You lose. "Your failure to answer both of these questions will render you argument moot and invalid

Seriously? No, Vhsalum you lose. Your failure to answer my questions renders your arguments moot and invalid. See I can do that too! :)

Again. Nice try. You don't get to use my words and say "i can do that too." No. You can't. If you were intelligent and witty enough to do so, you would have. No credit for using my words and acting like they discredit my views.

Final Score:

vhsalum - Win, W, 'a dub,' Finite, Finished HIM! ITS OVER!

superold - still superold, crotchety, wrong and willing to take shots at a kid who would probably break his hip in a drill session

Vhsalum,

I'm no longer reading your posts fully. Now, I merely skim and cherry pick certain things that I want to respond to. Just a heads up.

No, you didn't "destroy" any argument. You've misrepresented my position repeatedly and then attacked that. And you may not like it, but you conceded my argument long ago. We are in agreement on the main points. Sorry that bothers you. And no, you have not answered all of my questions. Haha.

And it still amazes me that you believe that long post discussing the scoring sequences in that match even came close to touching my point. That post was very poor, and you even managed to concede my point there. :)

no biggie. I accept your forfeit.

It's more like a "win" on my part. You didn't prove a single one of your points and you even gave me points in your made up game. And, of course, you conceded my point on Marsteller's poor technique.

Bye Vhs.

no biggie. I accept your forfeit.

It's more like a "win" on my part. You didn't prove a single one of your points and you even gave me points in your made up game. And, of course, you conceded my point on Marsteller's poor technique.

Bye Vhs.

Again, you don't get to make that choice. It is clear from the 10 pages of thread, that I am the clear victor. The consensus from ALL who have replied (other than your, old, self) is that my arguments pass the proverbial taste test. Yours sour in the mouth of a newborn.

In the words of 2004, "YOU GOT SERVED!" :o :o :o

Again, you don't get to make that choice. It is clear from the 10 pages of thread, that I am the clear victor. The consensus from ALL who have replied (other than your, old, self) is that my arguments pass the proverbial taste test. Yours sour in the mouth of a newborn.

In the words of 2004, "YOU GOT SERVED!"

But according to your own posts I "win". Claim "victory" all you want. You are clearly emotionally invested in this one. :) Trying to ignore poor technique by claiming a significant strength disadvantage (which went unproven btw) is laughable at best.

But according to your own posts I "win". Claim "victory" all you want. You are clearly emotionally invested in this one. :) Trying to ignore poor technique by claiming a significant strength disadvantage (which went unproven btw) is laughable at best.

And the crowd goes - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! BOO the lack of evidentiary accountability!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO the lack of any superold providing any further analysis after being soundly refuted by vhsalum! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! BOO superold for not listing any college coaches that agreed with him, as he purported in earlier statements, and then was silenced when vhsalum named ten of his own!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO superold for having all of his questions answered and not answering any of vhsalum's!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO superold for not saying vhsalum agreed with your major points, even though he has illustrated in minute detail that he does not!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!!!! BOO superold for being crotchety and clearly in need of pain medications!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO we say!

Jeez. The masses have spoken.

To anyone who doesn't want to go through the entire discussion with Vhsalum and I. Here's the video (below) of the match we're talking about. Vhsalum maintains that on every shot finish Marsteller was technically flawless. For those of you who know wrestling, you know that is absolutely false. Yes, even at 2:12 of this video he claims that Marsteller was technically flawless. :) . He's tried to shift the attention away from his blunder numerous times by trying a sleight of hand. He mentions some of the things that Marsteller did right as if that somehow erases the things that Marsteller did wrong. He acts as if I said everything Marsteller did was horrible, so he thinks he's scoring "points" against me by mentioning the thinsg he did right. He even detailed the scoring sequences in the match and handed out imaginary points. But one wonders, why I didn't score more points in his made up game.

For example:

1:20 - Setup: Front headlock, left-handed arm drag, to a single

Technique - Anticipates he will not be able to score on the mat with his front headlock, changes off to a leg attack. Moves his feet out of the way, shoots elbow deep, Rhoades kicks out.

Conclusion - Rhoades is a half-step quicker on this particular exchange, something Chance is probably not used to at this stage in his career.

Score - superold 0, vhsalum 1

Why did he give himself points here and not me? He calls them technique points, okay fine, but why does only award them to himself? When did I say that Marsteller did everything wrong? Try as he might, he can't come up with a coherent reason as to why he thinks he's outdebating/schooling/(or whatever he wants to say that he's doing) me.

Anyway, he also tries to get away with fallacious reasoning throughout this thread. Notice the unreasonable dichotomous thinking that he dispalys when he tries to frame Marsteller's failures. Either Marsteller showed poor technique or he simply was outmuscled. I'm still trying to figure out why it can't be both. I don't grant that Marsteller was outsmuscled, but let's just say that he was for the sake of argument. Why can't it be the case that Marsteller that a combination of Marsteller's technique and Rhoads' strength led to Marsteller not finishing his shots? Again look at 2:12 of the video below and at the very least you will come away recognizing the fact that Marsteller could have been in better position. Even if you want to attribute some of his failure to finish a shot to Rhoads' strength, you still would have to admit Marsteller's technique wasn't up to par if you're interested in being honest.

Here's the video folks. Marsteller exhibits several technical shortcomings, but just incase you don't want to go through the entire match. Just take a look at the video from about 2:10 to 2:17 and take a look at the alleged flawless technique from Marsteller. :) I'm not sure in what world that technique is flawless, but whatever.

And the crowd goes - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! BOO the lack of evidentiary accountability!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO the lack of any superold providing any further analysis after being soundly refuted by vhsalum! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! BOO superold for not listing any college coaches that agreed with him, as he purported in earlier statements, and then was silenced when vhsalum named ten of his own!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO superold for having all of his questions answered and not answering any of vhsalum's!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO superold for not saying vhsalum agreed with your major points, even though he has illustrated in minute detail that he does not!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!!!! BOO superold for being crotchety and clearly in need of pain medications!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOO we say!

Jeez. The masses have spoken.

What college coaches did you list btw? Are you talking about college coaches who believe that Marsteller showed perfect technique in his match with Rhoads? If not, I'm not sure what your point is.

I wonder how many times the restaurant wait staff he has tampered with his food?

"Here is your plate, sir."

"But what is that green stuff on my fish?"

"Oh, just some seasoning"

:lol:

Tbar, are you afraid to give your specific college prediction for Marsteller for some reason? I've asked you multiple times, and you continue to beat around the bush.

superold, you'd be fortunate if I gave you the time of day after the way you have acted in MANY threads. Grow up first, then start making stupid demands of people. If you are lucky as all get out then maybe, MAYBE, someone will decide you are worth conversing with.