Sign in to follow this  
BadgerMon

Wisconsin Intersquad Matches

Thielke said he's red-shirting, what's up with that? If you are the best person for the spot, you should be wrestling. I guess the Oly red-shirt was not enough.

Who said he was the best person for the spot? He has been wrestling Greco for almost 2 years now, word has it he may not have been the best person for the spot at this time.

He honestly looked like the best person for the spot last night but it's hard to judge. I'm not sure why he did not wrestle Kelliher. That would have been a much better match and both are listed at 133. The exihibition match was more of a showcase of talent than a match. Kinda boring and you could hear a pin drop throughout match.

At 125, M. Kelliher is not down to weight yet. Apparently there are options, don't know what they are.

At 133, One of the reasons I read on the wiwrestling.com forum is that they didn't want Kelliher and Thielke wrestling and Thielke winning the match because it would open up questioning of why they are RS Thielke. There are many different reasons of why someone RS. Another rumor on the wiwrestling.com forum was that they were both very even with each other in practice. True? I have no idea, I'm not in the room. However, I assume that the coaches are very comfortable with TK in there and his abilities as Thielke would have brought in quite a few more spectators to the home matches considering the buzz JT has created.

At 285, look out for Medberry. He's gonna be a stud. I think at the very least he could be a 3x or even 4x AA.

The announcing was horrible. The crowd was quiet. But, it's an intersquad scrimmage. The only people cheering usually is the family or close friends of the wrestler.

At 125, M. Kelliher is not down to weight yet. Apparently there are options, don't know what they are.

At 133, One of the reasons I read on the wiwrestling.com forum is that they didn't want Kelliher and Thielke wrestling and Thielke winning the match because it would open up questioning of why they are RS Thielke. There are many different reasons of why someone RS. Another rumor on the wiwrestling.com forum was that they were both very even with each other in practice. True? I have no idea, I'm not in the room. However, I assume that the coaches are very comfortable with TK in there and his abilities as Thielke would have brought in quite a few more spectators to the home matches considering the buzz JT has created.

At 285, look out for Medberry. He's gonna be a stud. I think at the very least he could be a 3x or even 4x AA.

The announcing was horrible. The crowd was quiet. But, it's an intersquad scrimmage. The only people cheering usually is the family or close friends of the wrestler.

I read wiwrestling.com forum once in awhile and I must have missed the threads (which is possible) you are talking about with Thielke. I did see a lengthy thread called "word on the Street" that said Thielke could not beat Kelliher and it was shortly after that thread the Thielke red shirt statement came out. I think Thielke also has great potential but come on if he was beating Keliher, Barry would put him on the mat. After the year the Badgers had last year Barry will put his best team on the mat. "

Jessie is only like 6 weeks removed from Greco Jr. worlds, Kelliher is no slouch, give the kid some credit:!:

[table][tr][td][table][/table][/td][/tr][/table]