Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

PSU Press Conf Taylor says he is healthy

DT looks determined to break out a can of whoop-azz tomorrow. I would not want to be Kid Dynamite against a pissed off DT. Damn straight he's pissed. Returning champion at 165, returning Hodge Trophy winner and he gets ranked 2nd to a kid from Ithaca in the national poll at his own weight class.

Dake is about to experience the longest 7 minutes of his life when he steps onto the mat tomorrow against Taylor.

Looking forward to seeing it live tomorrow. Have two tickets, will travel!

DT looks determined to break out a can of whoop-azz tomorrow. I would not want to be Kid Dynamite against a pissed off DT. Damn straight he's pissed. Returning champion at 165, returning Hodge Trophy winner and he gets ranked 2nd to a kid from Ithaca in the national poll at his own weight class.

Dake is about to experience the longest 7 minutes of his life when he steps onto the mat tomorrow against Taylor.

Looking forward to seeing it live tomorrow. Have two tickets, will travel!

I think you have it backwards man...Taylor will have the longest 5min of his life since against quality opponents thats how long he last :cry:

I kind of get the feeling Magicman isn't so excited about the sport this year...
It'll be different this year to be sure, however, let's not forget that we doubted him with Fittery and St. John and he passed those tests under pressure. He was really not tested last year. With Caldwell, dare I say Massa, and of course Dake he will be surely tested.

It'll be different this year to be sure, however, let's not forget that we doubted him with Fittery and St. John and he passed those tests under pressure.

Although he got an "F" on Bubba's final exam. If Dake, Taylor, and Caldwell all stay at 165 this year, it will be epic, and will help define the career of whoever wins NCAA. No matter what happens at the All Star meet, if Taylor wins 165 this year he will silence any doubters he has, because at present, really the only negative thing that can be said about his stellar record is that his weight classes have not been littered with any studs like in years past. Likewise, if Dake wins 165, he will at least place himself in the discussion for best of all time. Debatable of course (will anyone really get past Cael?), but in the discussion.

If Dake were to win the national championship at a fourth consecutive weight class by beating a healthy Taylor and Caldwell I'd say wrestling will have truly achieved its very own version of the "FOUR HORSEMEN" with Gable, Smith, Sanderson and Dake. For Dake, that's what's at stake (I couldn't resist).

On a side note, it looks like Cael lost his Twitter account. Even when I click on twitter links from another tweet it shows an error.

Not that this was his first time in front of the camera by any means, but Q was very good, very charismatic in front of the media, whoever the media was. Must be a Comm. major. :)

My sister thinks Mega looks a little like Christian Slater from the angle of the camera in the presser, but I'm not sure I see it.

BTW - is there video of the PSU intrasquad dual online anywhere? I'm eager to see the Gulibon-Kelly matchup.

I'm a Koll fan, and Cornell fan. (remember, his dad, and my dad were roommates at Iowa teachers post WWII) And I've enjoyed watching Dake over the years.

Having said that ... I'm also a DT fan.

I just like the kid, and what Cael has done to that program since he has been there. So this one is a toss up for me ... I'm torn .... Nor sure who to root for.

And if they are at the same weight all year, It's going to be a dog fight.

Well... It did seem longer than just 7 minutes! Didn't see that can of whoop-azz, though.

Wow, outside of QW, what a bunch of interesting and exciting guys!!! The NWCA should do a training for all ranked wrestlers on how to conduct an interview and not act/sound like someone pooped in your Cornflakes during a press conference. They sounded like zombies. And before the PSU fanboys start up - I'm sure they are all good kids and students, etc., it was just brutal to watch and listen to and is very likely not a good representation of their real personalities, etc.