Sign in to follow this  
lightweight

Toughest weight to AA in?

Now that the brackets are out which weight is the toughest? Not the toughest to win (that would be the weight with David Taylor in it) but the toughest to earn AA honors?

Think of yourself as a guy whose "true" ranking (if such a thing could be known), is somewhere between 7th and 10th best in the country. Which weight is the toughest to finish no worse than 8th?

Now that the brackets are out which weight is the toughest? Not the toughest to win (that would be the weight with David Taylor in it) but the toughest to earn AA honors?

Think of yourself as a guy whose "true" ranking (if such a thing could be known), is somewhere between 7th and 10th best in the country. Which weight is the toughest to finish no worse than 8th?

Why would the weight with David Taylor in it be the toughest to win? Logan Stieber and Ed Ruth have better ncaa records than Taylor.

Why would the weight with David Taylor in it be the toughest to win? Logan Stieber and Ed Ruth have better ncaa records than Taylor.

pls go

pls go

What do you mean?

133 the loser of beckman mango and will most likely have to get past thorn to aa (assuming thorn loses in the qrs to colon)

141 is very similar as to loser of henderson vaith will meet either retherford or dardanes in the r12, assuming seeds hold and nevinger can very easily in the wrestlback group as well

brackets are wild much more entertaining than basketball

Just getting to the semis at 149 is a mule.

I am VERY disappointed in this weight. I just cannot get over Houdashelt, Maple and Tsirtsis being on the same side of the bracket. Does anyone truly believe Villalonga is the 3rd best guy at the weight? Dardanes gets to be the 2nd best guy because he won an OT match against Villalonga on a stall call that Maple didn't get when he wrestled Villalonga. No one cares that he just lost to Tsirtsis 3 days ago and took 3rd at his qualifier?

It is a stacked weight but I think the 2nd and 3rd best guys will have to duke it out to take 3rd and 4th. Again, this is the one seeding issue that IRKS me.......

Just getting to the semis at 149 is a mule.

I am VERY disappointed in this weight. I just cannot get over Houdashelt, Maple and Tsirtsis being on the same side of the bracket. Does anyone truly believe Villalonga is the 3rd best guy at the weight? Dardanes gets to be the 2nd best guy because he won an OT match against Villalonga on a stall call that Maple didn't get when he wrestled Villalonga. No one cares that he just lost to Tsirtsis 3 days ago and took 3rd at his qualifier?

It is a stacked weight but I think the 2nd and 3rd best guys will have to duke it out to take 3rd and 4th. Again, this is the one seeding issue that IRKS me.......

I actually do think Villalonga is the 3rd best this year. He is making very few mistakes this year and is very good in all three positions, and some years, that's enough. I could see him in the finals.

That said, I agree Houdashelt's side of the bracket is tougher than I would've expected.

That is why I picked 149 as the most difficult. Villalonga might very well make the finals. I took him for $5 to make the finals before brackets were posted and was glad I did that. That upper half is just a bear. Dardanes really dodged a lot of bullets but Im not sure he gets in. Also, there are so many guys in that weight that can pick off upper seeds.

10/10 :lol:

10/10 :lol:

Ruth and Steiber didnt wrestle Kyle aka kid Dynamite Dake either.

Who has the better record this season?

Ruth and Steiber didnt wrestle Kyle aka kid Dynamite Dake either.

Taylor also lost to Bubba Jenkins.

How did Ruth and Logan do in the NCAA finals back in 2011?

Who has the better record this season?

David Taylor has the best record of the 3 this season.

How did Ruth and Logan do in the NCAA finals back in 2011?

Logan Stieber is 2 for 2 at the ncaas. Ed Ruth is 2 for 2 in the ncaa finals and 2 for 3 in the ncaas for his career. The year he didn't win, he took 3rd place.

Could you explain your first response to me please?