Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

First #1 seed to lose

Well you picked St. John to win Big 10s, which would contrast with your statement that Green is his Kryptonite as he would have had to beat Green to win it.

Maybe you're just a Green hater as opposed to a St. John lover. Either way it seems you go out of your way to pick against Green.

I was hoping that St. John would get Green once, the same as I was hoping that Welch would at least get St. John once. It didn't happen.

I'm not a Green hater, I just paid attention to how Green has wrestled at the NCAA tournament. He went in as the #4 seed last year, losing matches to unseeded Kyle Bradley and #12 seeded Jedd Moore. I do not think that Green has the Stamina to get all the way to the finals. His match with Moore last year he was completely wore out and ended up getting pancaked off of a sloppy shot.

Kreimier whether you like it or not, is a very dangerous match for Green. In there last encounter Green had a difficult time creating his offense and only lead by a point until the last few seconds when he secured another takedown to win an 8-5 match. Kreimier has some nasty turns on top and if Green isn't ready for them or allows Kreimier to put in the legs, he will get turned.

Not to mention in the second round of the NCAA's last year Kreimier lost a 9-5, what should have been a 9-7 match to eventual champion Derek St John. How someone can always get questional situations called in his favor every single time, I do not know. However, for the last nearly 4 years, St. John has.

I was hoping that St. John would get Green once, the same as I was hoping that Welch would at least get St. John once. It didn't happen...

[bla bla bla]

...However, for the last nearly 4 years, St. John has.

Anyone in favor of imposing a 140 char limit on jt#1??

He didnt look too great at Big10s but....Im going to throw Grajales over Houdashelt? Grajales's ncaa's are too hard to predict he could go 0-2, win the whole thing, beat houdashelt but then drop two, lose first round and wrestle back to a podium....frustrated with the inconsistencies but i'm pulling for him.

Grajales vs Hodashelt could happen in the 2nd (?) round, so Grajales will still have some legs. Never bet against the machine who broke Andrew STALLton.

I was hoping that St. John would get Green once, the same as I was hoping that Welch would at least get St. John once. It didn't happen...

[bla bla bla]

...However, for the last nearly 4 years, St. John has.

Anyone in favor of imposing a 140 char limit on jt#1??

Well maybe if people would pay attention to what's going on outside of a few teams and JUST the Big 10 tournament I wouldn't have to be so wordy in my explanation. Instead we have a bunch of people who don't know Kreimier's background and capabilities and think I just picked him out of the blue to beat Green, because Poor baby, I just dont' happen to like Green. :?

I have a bad feeling about the 4th meeting between Houdashelt and Richardson...

Take that bad feeling, stuff it in a sock, tie the sock to a kitten, and throw it in the river! Don't even go there.

Wow! I'm a dog person, but I don't wish ill will on kittens. I just don't particularly like cats. That's cruel.

I think either Green or Nelson will be first top seed to go down. Green is gonna have a tough battle every single match, starting with Kremier, and I dont think he'll survive past 1/4s if he makes it that far. Nelson hasnt been in top form all year (although he appeared to be "back" last week - I'm not sold). Unlike Green, I believe Nelson, when at his best, would undoubtedly beat every opponent until Coon/Telford in the semis very handily, I just don't believe he'll be at his best.

I have a bad feeling about the 4th meeting between Houdashelt and Richardson...

Take that bad feeling, stuff it in a sock, tie the sock to a kitten, and throw it in the river! Don't even go there.

Wow! I'm a dog person, but I don't wish ill will on kittens. I just don't particularly like cats. That's cruel.

I think either Green or Nelson will be first top seed to go down. Green is gonna have a tough battle every single match, starting with Kremier, and I dont think he'll survive past 1/4s if he makes it that far. Nelson hasnt been in top form all year (although he appeared to be "back" last week - I'm not sold). Unlike Green, I believe Nelson, when at his best, would undoubtedly beat every opponent until Coon/Telford in the semis very handily, I just don't believe he'll be at his best.

In all sense of reality in this situation Green would have been better off getting the #2 seed here than he would have the #1. As you were saying he has a tough 1st round match up with Kreimier and then turns around and has to face the winner of Pena and Ness in the quarterfinals. Had he have been the #2 seed, he'd have had Napoli, who match up wise I don't think would have posed the kind of potential problems that Kreimier will and then had Realbuto in the quarterfinals, who I don't think poses the kind of threat that both Pena and Ness do.

The semi's either way would have been ugly for Green as Jordan has already beaten Green once this year and Dieringer is hunting for a title himself.