Sign in to follow this  
maccky

Mocco vs Nevills

I definetely was wrong. Congrats to. Nevills. I think Hains was broke in this match. I Am a PSU fan so I will root for Nevills in college. I am a pA fan and will continue to root for Haines. This match was going to be a win-win for me either way!

Great attitude, jstock. Root for both of them. Both of them are great young men and a true credit to our sport.

Great match. I really like how Haines wrestles. Nevills, on the other hand, just moves really, really well for a big man.

On that note, just how big is Nevills -- height and weight?

I can't find his height and weight anywhere, but to me he looks like a true Hwt. in the making. In other words, after some serious weight training at Penn State Nick will actually be a well proportioned strong 285 for most of his college career.

Both elite prospects. One of the better high school HWT matches I've seen from a variety of techniques standpoint.

Nick is 6'3", 245lbs. Haines looked to be maybe an inch taller, but about the same weight, or at least within a few pounds.

You hope he enters HS senior nationals?

No, I meant senior-level US Nationals. I think he'd fare well. And having chosen to spend a year at the OTC rather than high school, where I presume he's been wrestling only freestyle, why not test himself?

The Flo guys announcing the Dapper Dan quoted Dustin Kilgore as saying that he and Snyder go about 50-50 at the OTC. Take that for whatever its worth, but Kilgore is a graduated NCAA champion, and has fared pretty well in freestyle himself.

You hope he enters HS senior nationals?

No, I meant senior-level US Nationals. I think he'd fare well. And having chosen to spend a year at the OTC rather than high school, where I presume he's been wrestling only freestyle, why not test himself?

The Flo guys announcing the Dapper Dan quoted Dustin Kilgore as saything that he and Snyder go about 50-50 at the OTC. Take that for whatever its worth, but Kilgore is a graduated NCAA champion, and has fared pretty well in freestyle himself.

I thought so. I'd like to see how he'd do at U.S. nationals too, especially after his Jr. World title.

Has Nevills ever wrestled former Blair wrestler (Illinois RS hwt) Brooks Black?

Yes. They met twice at Cheesehead when Nevills was in 9th grade and Black was in 10th. Black was already a double Fargo champ and rated #1 in the country. He beat Nevills 6-5 and 2-1, the second win coming on literally a last second take down.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/23 ... zBaEYWyp5Y