Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Here Are The Names Behind The Seeding

Dave Martin, chair, Associate Athletic Director, Oklahoma State

Jason Borrelli, head coach, Stanford

Jon Jaudon, Associate Athletic Director, Virginia Tech

Tom Minkel, head coach, Michigan State

Deborah Polca, Associate Athletic Director/Senior Woman Administrator, Old Dominion

Matt Whisenant, Deputy Athletic Director, Wyoming

headshuck, you have done nothing but troll and bitch over the past few weeks. I'm starting to think you have given up on real wrestling talk.

In regard to the seeds, I really don't think PSU got it that bad. I'm more disturbed as a wrestling fan in general. There was complete inconsistency in how they did things and there are a lot of people who agree with this assessment.

I think it is a legitimate issue to discuss. Seeding is a critical factor in both individual and team title considerations. Knowing who is making these determinations should be a concern of all collegiate wrestling fans. How much wrestling do these non wrestling members actually watch or follow?

I would love to hear the thoughts behind the seeding of # 197. Absolutely mind boggling to me. Gadson is the # 5 seed?

I think it is a legitimate issue to discuss. Seeding is a critical factor in both individual and team title considerations. Knowing who is making these determinations should be a concern of all collegiate wrestling fans. How much wrestling do these non wrestling members actually watch or follow?

I would love to hear the thoughts behind the seeding of # 197. Absolutely mind boggling to me. Gadson is the # 5 seed?

What does following or watching wrestling have to do with anything? Seeds aren't forecasts they are earned based on a body of work. I actually have been of the opinion that people that understand competition but don't know the athletes or teams involved are best to seed.

I don't think the seeds are so egregious. Every year I hear people complain and every year we see lots of upsets that weren't projected. It is a crap shoot. All of these guys are good and can pull an upset. The debate over seed seems to be coming from those with the most interest in the team race.

(Mobile post)

Or maybe they just need to show up and wrestle? Should be one of the best tournaments in the past 20 years, quit bitching about your terrible PSU seeds and just enjoy it. You guys are quickly becoming the most annoying fans in the sport, can't wait to see how many hop off the wagon after they falter a little.

As a group, I am really beginning to hate Penn State fans. This thread reminds me of the pro life idiots that publish the names and home addresses of doctors that perform abortions. Flying-Tiger, you are the lowest of the low. Your only intent for these folks was harm. Get a life and grow up. I will never engage you again.

Well, we know that Minkel doesn't watch any wrestling.

Tommygun & flwrestler, what part of this don't you understand:

In regard to the seeds, I really don't think PSU got it that bad. I'm more disturbed as a wrestling fan in general. There was complete inconsistency in how they did things and there are a lot of people who agree with this assessment.

Your posts are just typical mindless rhetoric with no substance or reading comprehension. Just blah, blah, I hate Penn State, blah, blah, blah, I hate Penn State fans, blah, blah, blah.

The team flying tiger has been whining about has won nearly everything 4 years in a row. No sympathy from me. If Penn State doesnt win their 4th Ncaa title in a row with their double class and the likes of the seniors magic man and taco bell, its on them not any seeding commitee. Deal with it.

I am a PSU fan and the seeds do somewhat suck. That's the luck of the draw. Time to suck it up and just shut up and wrestle. I am sure PSU has had favorable draws in the past, it all comes out in the wash.

I would like to see Ruth step it up for the team and come out highly motivated to get pins and bonus points if possible. I would like to see Alton wrestle like he is capable. I personally doubt either Alton will be at PSU next year though so not sure how motivated he will be. The guys that lose early have to suck it up and not pout in the wrestle backs.

I don't think it looks good for PSU this year. Just one question though. If we assume that there is a consensus that the brackets are not in favor of PSU, if PSU wins their 4th will the board give them respect and props ?

I sure will

The team flying tiger has been whining about has won nearly everything 4 years in a row. No sympathy from me. If Penn State doesnt win their 4th Ncaa title in a row with their double class and the likes of the seniors magic man and taco bell, its on them not any seeding commitee. Deal with it.

This is turning into the haters ball, lol! Ok, forget about the seeding committee or their seeds. I'll bet everyone of you guys a month of not posting that PSU wins their 4th title. What that means is if they win, each of you will not post for a month, however if they finish out of first, I can't post for a month for each of you. So if 8 people take the bet, I wont be able to post here for 8 months. I would guess once word gets out, there might be 20 people meaning you might be able to shut me up for almost two years. I'll keep this bet open until Wednesday night. Here's your chance fellas, you could ground Flying-Tiger for a long time!!

No bets from post counts under 100 or new members.

I am a PSU fan and the seeds do somewhat suck. That's the luck of the draw. Time to suck it up and just shut up and wrestle. I am sure PSU has had favorable draws in the past, it all comes out in the wash.

I would like to see Ruth step it up for the team and come out highly motivated to get pins and bonus points if possible. I would like to see Alton wrestle like he is capable. I personally doubt either Alton will be at PSU next year though so not sure how motivated he will be. The guys that lose early have to suck it up and not pout in the wrestle backs.

I don't think it looks good for PSU this year. Just one question though. If we assume that there is a consensus that the brackets are not in favor of PSU, if PSU wins their 4th will the board give them respect and props ?

I sure will

I will give them credit if they win this year. Going into ncaas, I'm leaning towards Iowa to win the team title. Where do you think the Altons will be next year?

This is turning into the haters ball, lol! Ok, forget about the seeding committee or their seeds. I'll bet everyone of you guys a month of not posting that PSU wins their 4th title. What that means is if they win, each of you will not post for a month, however if they finish out of first, I can't post for a month for each of you. So if 8 people take the bet, I wont be able to post here for 8 months. I would guess once word gets out, there might be 20 people meaning you might be able to shut me up for almost two years. I'll keep this bet open until Wednesday night. Here's your chance fellas, you could ground Flying-Tiger for a long time!!

No bets from post counts under 100 or new members.

How many of your aliases are eliminated from voting then?