Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

JT#1's Final 2014 NCAA wrestling Predictions

Don't everyone jump at this once in a life opportunity at the same time. Don't want to flood the inbox. Let the man breathe.

Your predictions please? Or Can I just look at the seeds and know what you think?

He may be serious. I can't get through to PM you

Don't everyone jump at this once in a life opportunity at the same time. Don't want to flood the inbox. Let the man breathe.

Your predictions please? Or Can I just look at the seeds and know what you think?

He may be serious. I can't get through to PM you

I got all 10 of your messages, lol. It has been sent.

I thought it was well done; presentation and all!!

It's hard to not pick a seeded guy, but we all know that the national tournament always surprises us. Guys come out of nowhere and put together 3 good days of wrestling and get on the podium.

You just got to get there and give yourself a chance.

JT, some great picks and great presentation! I really enjoyed it. You went out on a limb pretty hard on some of these -- if these picks hold up this will be on of the craziest tournaments I've seen. Is it Thursday yet???

Yeah some of them most certainly were crazy, I can admit that, I like to have fun with the brackets.... but some of them were also do to the fact that the seeding this year was just horrendous. One of them that people point out was having J'Den Cox not place. Well look at his draw, he has to have the worst match ups for a #2 seed the entire tournament. Am I that ludicrous to believe that he'll get beat in the Quarterfinals by Travis Rutt? Then in the R12 match he'll have one of three people, Taylor Meeks, Kyven Gadson or Dan Mitchell. I say that it'll be Meeks, and even though Meeks hasn't wrestled the best season this year, he becomes a whole new man at the NCAA tournament.

JT, some great picks and great presentation! I really enjoyed it. You went out on a limb pretty hard on some of these -- if these picks hold up this will be on of the craziest tournaments I've seen. Is it Thursday yet???

Yeah some of them most certainly were crazy, I can admit that, I like to have fun with the brackets.... but some of them were also do to the fact that the seeding this year was just horrendous. One of them that people point out was having J'Den Cox not place. Well look at his draw, he has to have the worst match ups for a #2 seed the entire tournament. Am I that ludicrous to believe that he'll get beat in the Quarterfinals by Travis Rutt? Then in the R12 match he'll have one of three people, Taylor Meeks, Kyven Gadson or Dan Mitchell. I say that it'll be Meeks, and even though Meeks hasn't wrestled the best season this year, he becomes a whole new man at the NCAA tournament.

Um, yeah...you are that ludicrous. Did you watch Cox wrestle Rutt the first time? Rutt never came close to scoring. Since then, Cox has continued to improve on a steep trajectory while Rutt lost to Gadson, Heflin, and Perry. I suppose anything is possible, though. Fyi, the last person to score an offensive point on Cox was Gadson on Jan 2.

Um, yeah...you are that ludicrous. Did you watch Cox wrestle Rutt the first time? Rutt never came close to scoring. Since then, Cox has continued to improve on a steep trajectory while Rutt lost to Gadson, Heflin, and Perry. I suppose anything is possible, though. Fyi, the last person to score an offensive point on Cox was Gadson on Jan 2.

Another thing about doing these predictions is that responses are often influenced highly by the team that a particular fan happens to root for. Anyone up for a game of "I spy a Missouri fan"?

These picks are crazy out there.

125 and 133 are pretty reasonable

141 to say that zain who has lost one match all year is R12, while nevinger as a broken man is third is crazy

149 grajales wont place, let alone win it, and to say that Houdashelt wont place at all is ridiculous

157 isnt too bad, besides the fact that DSJ wont win again (but that is just a hunch)

165 is reasonable

174 is pretty much wrestling to seed, so no complaints there

184 i dont think loder or swartz place that high, but not too bad

197 it is ridiculous to think that Cox wont place, i would be surprised to see him not be in the finals

HWT is a big toss up, so who knows what happens there