Sign in to follow this  
greenmt.

Dapper Dan results

Blees vs Peppleman. Toss up match, if PA wants to win the dual, this is a must win.

0-0 after the 1st. start of the 2nd Blees goes down. Escape Blees 1-0,Peppleman can't generate any offense from his feet. 3rd period starts peppleman goes down. 1-1 mid 3rd. Blees is also struggling to get a leg attack. Finally a TD, Blees goes up 3-1. Wow what a finish. escape peppleman, TD peppleman. Peppleman wins 4-3!!!

Dixson vs Zavatsky. Zavatsky is the favorite here.

No score after the 1st. Zavatsky goes down to start the 2nd, escape 1-0.1-0 Zavatsky to start the 3rd, escape Dixson 1-1 mid 3rd. 1-1 overtime, very boring match. TD Zavatsky wins 3-1.

Boykin has a really high ceiling from here. Totally raw, but a freak.

Dixon's are "nice" wrestlers, but sort of boring low scoring type wrestlers. Not at all surprised Zavatsky won.

Blees vs Peppleman. Toss up match, if PA wants to win the dual, this is a must win.

0-0 after the 1st. start of the 2nd Blees goes down. Escape Blees 1-0,Peppleman can't generate any offense from his feet. 3rd period starts peppleman goes down. 1-1 mid 3rd. Blees is also struggling to get a leg attack. Finally a TD, Blees goes up 3-1. Wow what a finish. escape peppleman, TD peppleman. Peppleman wins 4-3!!!

Glad Pep won, but I sure thought there would be more scoring in this one.

Sponseller vs Ness. Another Toss up match.

TD Sponseller reversal Ness, 2-2 mid 1st. escape Sponseller, TD Ness 4-3. Late set of backs. 6-3 Ness at the end of 1. start of the 2nd. Sponseller escapes. wild match here. TD Ness 8-5 late 2nd. Late escape and TD Sponseller ties it 8-8, reversal at the buzzer gives Ness the 10-8 lead going into the 3rd. (That hurts). Ness down to start the 3rd. Sponseller rides very tough for most of the 3rd, gives up a reversal, then escapes. Ness wins 12-9. Another very entertaining match

Boston vs Macri. Macri is the favorite here.

TD Macri up 2-0 after 1. Macri goes down to start the 2nd. Escape Macri, TD Macri 5-0. Macri rides out the period. up 5-0. Boston goes down to start the 3rd. It's the Dalton Macri show, up 9-0 late 3rd. MAcri wins 9-0.

Team score USA 19- PA 13.

Boston vs Macri. Macri is the favorite here.

TD Macri up 2-0 after 1. Macri goes down to start the 2nd. Escape Macri, TD Macri 5-0. Macri rides out the period. up 5-0. Boston goes down to start the 3rd. It's the Dalton Macri show, up 9-0 late 3rd. MAcri wins 9-0.

Team score USA 19- PA 13.

Someone was pretty adamant that Macri would win this one. Kudos.

Nevills vs Haines. Battle of the stud heavies.

TD Nevills, escape Haines. 2-1. Haines goes down to start the 2nd. Both guys are 6'4 250 and move very well, even match here. Escape Haines 2-2 late 2nd, another TD for Nevills. Escape Haines 4-3 end of 2. Start of the 3rd Nevills goes down. Haines rides legs very well for a big man, Nevills is getting smothered from top. Escape Nevills after 1:45 seconds riding time. Nevills wins 5-3.

Nevills vs Haines. Battle of the stud heavies.

TD Nevills, escape Haines. 2-1. Haines goes down to start the 2nd. Both guys are 6'4 250 and move very well, even match here. Escape Haines 2-2 late 2nd, another TD for Nevills. Escape Haines 4-3 end of 2. Start of the 3rd Nevills goes down. Haines rides legs very well for a big man, Nevills is getting smothered from top. Escape Nevills after 1:45 seconds riding time. Nevills wins 5-3.

Unless we see a fall in here that locks it up for the USA. Pretty entertaining match for Hwts.

Solomon vs Joe. even match on paper.

TD Joe and rides out the period, very impressive. Joe down to start the 2nd, escape Joe up 3-0, Joe seems to have Solomon figured out. Chishko can't get a leg, Solomon goes down start of the 3rd. escape Solomon 3-1,Joe wins 3-1. Solomon looked very Sluggish. Joe wanted it more.

Nolf Vs Berger. Rematch from Flonational Finals.

Nolf TD, escape berger.Another Nolf TD, Nolf up 4-1 after 1. Nolf looks more improved from this matchup 11 months ago. Nolf down to start the 2nd, Reversal Nolf 6-1 mid 2nd,escape Burger 6-2 end of 2. Burger goes down to start the 3rd. Escape Burger 6-3 mid 3rd, TD Nolf very slick. 8-3, Nolf wins it 8-5.

USA wins the dual 25-16

Nolf Vs Berger. Rematch from Flonational Finals.

Nolf TD, escape berger.Another Nolf TD, Nolf up 4-1 after 1. Nolf looks more improved from this matchup 11 months ago. Nolf down to start the 2nd, Reversal Nolf 6-1 mid 2nd,escape Burger 6-2 end of 2. Burger goes down to start the 3rd. Escape Burger 6-3 mid 3rd, TD Nolf very slick. 8-3, Nolf wins it 8-5.

USA wins the dual 25-16

Nolf is really slick and athletic in his movements. Kid will do well in college.

I THINK THAT MACRI HAS IMPRESSED EVERYONE. HE ALSO RECEIVED OUTSTANDING WRESTLER FOR TEAM PA. HE REALLY LOOKED LIKE HE HAD EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL. WHAT A GREAT MATCH AND GREAT WRESTLER. TOO BAD HE IS A SENIOR I COULD WATCH HIM FOR A FEW MORE YEARS. I WAS TOLD THAT HE HAS A BROTHER COMING INTO HIGH SCHOOL THIS COMING YEAR AND THAT HIS BROTHER WON TGE JUNIOR STATES AT NINETY TWO POUNDS. Was told that he is a great wrestler also. Should be great to watch.

Snyder vs Boykin. It's the child prodigy vs the Athlete.

Damn, Snyder can't finish a shot, Boykin is a freak. Snyder trains with Olympians at the OTC, Boykin just Lifts weights. 2-0 Snyder early 2nd, Boykin goes down, escapes 2-1. It's 2-1 Snyder into the 3rd!!!!! he looks shocked. Snyder goes down in the 3rd, escape Snyder 3-1, TD Snyder 5-1, escape Boykin, TD Snyder. Conditioning is a factor now. Snyder wins 10-3. I will tell you Boykin Showed that he has so much upside. Very raw and unpolished. Snyder looked tough as always.

Went to see Mike Boykin at a dual meet early last month and came away totally sold. Was not a bit surprised to see him win PA states.

And you are correct. He has only scratched the surface of what he can become. He is really good on his feet and he has a low center of gravity. I'm not surprised by the outcome of this one. Snyder has all the experience and by all accounts is a superstar.

But Mike Boykin has the tools to become a great wrestler. I envy the college that gets him. His upside is tremendous.

Cougar

After seeing Boykin at PA states I was sold on his potential. Yet, going into the DD, I was expecting Snyder to have a much easier time than he did. I've seen Snyder wrestle about 10 times before and he has absolutely dominated (including Haines). Hats off to Boykin. Boykin hung with him until he started to gas towards the end.

If he can figure out how to drop 20+ lbs while extending his gas tank he will cause a lot of people problems over the next few years.

Nolf for PA is going to do some big things. That kid is a machine.

I said it before: I think Nolf will turn out to be the best of the 3 blue chip PSU recruits in this class. His footwork reminds me a lot of Cael. And the kid is scary intense.

I have to admit that I was not sold on Nolf as a blue chipper. Perhaps it was the AA schedule, but something kept me from truly believing in the kid. But this match showed me some athletic ability and a killer instinct that should mesh well with Cael's style. Nevills is going to be a great addition as well. Moves really well, and has a nice head inside single for a big guy...defends well also. Bo Nickal has alot of raw talent. I don't think the Marstellar match up would have been a good one for Bo. He gives up alot of points, but manages to score alot himself.

Snycer is a machine and should challenge right away next year. However, 197 is going to be stacked for the next couple of years. Micic was very impressive. I figured Moisey to potentially pull the upset here. I was a little disappointed in Chisko. He doesn't create much offense on his feet. In a true Pa match up at 145 (Nolf vs. Chisko), I think Nolf wins that one pretty easily.

tightwaist, I was sold on Nolf after watching Disney Duals last year. He totally dominated some really good wrestlers. Then he did it again in some December tournaments. Really athletic.

I think Bo would have gotten in some trouble against Chance and Chance would, like he does, capitalize. In 2 more years ....???

Nolt also convinced me over last summer. He has just been making big strides year-by-year.

Maybe another Retherford?

I had hoped that Nevills would handle Haines a bit more easily. Well a year or two with Cael might do him some good.

I fear that Nickal isn't prepared yet for the Marsteller offensive machine. It's probably best that Chance took the day off to recover a bit. Still, Bo's a talent and Cael has shown he can develop raw talent.

I'm also happy with the way Mike Boykin wrestled - just ran out of gas against Snyder's relentless offense but otherwise acquitted himself well. But give Mike an opportunity for college-level coaching and more competition in the room and he'll be ready for prime time. (My granddaughter attends the same school district as Mike).

All in all not a bad day for the USA team and for the PA team. With Chance the score might have been closer, but I'm happy the way things ended up.

Looks like my pessimism (posted on the original thread) was well founded.

Lizak pulled out a win, nice redemption for him to finish his HS career on a positive note.

Macri exceeded my expectations, well-deserved OW there.

Brown lost by less than I thought, so good job for him.

Zavatsky won in OT, which was closer than I expected, but the guy was an undefeated AAA champ this year, so I was surprised people weren't higher on him. He is very tough to score on, but his low scoring matches make him underappreciated in a year that saw Marstellar and Haines breeze to their fourth titles.

I did think that Haines would pull out the win, but congrats to Nevills. They both will be fun to watch in college.

The rest went pretty much as I expected, including Snyder getting bonus on Boykin.

And, although I know this p*sses people off, I will say again that it is much harder to be a AAA state champ than AA. Besides my prediction for Nolf ("exceeds his classification") the AA guys seem to contribute more than their share of PA state champ losses in this event most years it seems, based on casual observation.