Sign in to follow this  
Shahin2000

Iran v Russian Finals Video

Because Yazdani is 5'8" and he is a left leg lead.

I was pretty sure it was illegal so I asked a Canadian instructor whom I was sitting with for the event and it is in fact illegal in FS to step on your opponent's foot. It's not illegal if no one sees it haha.

Because Yazdani is 5'8" and he is a left leg lead.

I was pretty sure it was illegal so I asked a Canadian instructor whom I was sitting with for the event and it is in fact illegal in FS to step on your opponent's foot. It's not illegal if no one sees it haha.

I was wondering how he was getting those legs so easy. Take that move away and people may have a chance. Freaking cheater. I was a big fan of his last three years. Thanks for sharing that info on Yazdani. I can't believe I didn't see that. The thing is though no one gets away from him if he gets a leg regardless of how he gets it.

Varner should study this. This cheater is beatable!!!! What a punk arse! USA wrestling should bring this up so this loser can't get away with this at worlds. I don't feel sorry about his knee now!!!!!!!!!

Of course I am kidding. But I watched his videos back 4 years and he uses this in almost all his matches and it appears to be his go to move. If it is truly illegal then why not bring it up to at least our 213 rep and during the match the ref. This is the same thing as Tsargush from russia pulling the singlet before he shot. I have lost a lot of respect for Yazdani. Honestly! Was a big fan.

I watched his match against Russia and he did this at least three times. But I am wondering, if the move is illegal, how come the Russian wrestler is not protesting or mentioning anything to the ref? Better yet, how come his coach is not saying anything to the judges? I truly hope that his move is not illegal. Even if it is legal, I still feel that he is getting away with little bit of cheating.

Article 49 – General Prohibitions

Wrestlers are fobidden to:

- Pull the hair, ears, genitals, pinch the skin, bite, twist fingers or toes, etc. and generally, to perform actions, gestures or holds with the intention of torturing the opponent or making him suffer to force him to withdraw.

- Kick, head-butt, strangle, push, apply holds that may endanger the opponent’s life or cause a fracture or dislocation of limbs, tread on the feet of the opponent or touch his face between the eyebrows and the line of the mouth.

- Thrust the elbow or knee into the opponent's abdomen or stomach, carry out any twisting action which is likely to cause suffering, or hold the opponent by his singlet.

- Cling to or grasp the mat.

- Talk during the bout.

- Seize the sole of the opponent’s foot (only seizing the upper part of the foot or the heel is

permitted).

- Agree with the match result between themselves.

I was mat side for every match this weekend. Yazdani did it in every match. Like I said I asked the Canadian FILA instructor to clarify the rule and it is in fact illegal. He didn't see it either so I doubt the Russian coaches caught it. It was simply something I noticed. But it's very fast and subtle.

Watched the world cup match against Varner. He did it there in 2012! And in the finals match against Gayzmazov. This guy is a pure turd! Now I know why Gayzmazov always wants to beat him up because Yazdani always plays hurt or something in alot of his especially close matches, regroups then gets the win kinda like Jads did. He also acts like he is a good sport but I feel now he is like a weasel always smiling while he slits your throat. Little overboard but I hate cheaters and he has been doing it at least the last three years over and over again! Why didn't anyone see this before???

Meh... It's just like Metcalf jumping the whistle on clinches, or Schultz/Fadzaev squeezing the carotid during head locks, or all those Greco guys who use their legs just a little. I don't really consider it cheating, it's something done right in the open that the referees need to stop, not the athletes.

OK it was overboard, sorry. But I was always getting mad at Gazymazov when they wrestled and never understood what he was complaining about. Now I know. Been a fan of Yazdani for years and have seen guys complain about him-just for some reason I never saw this. If he did it in one event that is one thing but to do it as your go to move over many years. Who knows he may have only won silver last year if he played by the rules. I have plugged Yazdani on here as being the best wrestler in the world p4p. I do not feel that way anymore. And if the other IRI wrestles are doing it then shame on them also.

This tactic (set-up) is more common than you might expect; it was also Chris Bono's go-to move; interesting that both Yazdani and Bono are short for their weight class. It is illegal in freestyle, but legal scholastically.

Ok so the US coaches knew the Irianians, especially Yazdani were doing this and it is accepted? If thats the case then I am done complaining about it:-)

What a discovery. I've been watching him for years, was there are the World Cup and never noticed it. It does look like the Russian figured it out in the second period of the final. He kept snapping his foot back when Yazdani would go to step on it. Definitely needs to be brought to the attention of FILA refs.

Wow once you start looking for it it's pretty blatant. I admit though I never really noticed it until you guys pointed it out. It's one of those things that's pretty hard to determine intent during a single match. Maybe he was just stepping for the leg and his opponent's foot just happened to be there kind of thing but once you see it over the course of several matches it becomes obvious he is using it as a set up. I know I would certainly make the officials aware if I had to wrestle him. Especially if it happened to me already in a match.

Wow once you start looking for it it's pretty blatant. I admit though I never really noticed it until you guys pointed it out. It's one of those things that's pretty hard to determine intent during a single match. Maybe he was just stepping for the leg and his opponent's foot just happened to be there kind of thing but once you see it over the course of several matches it becomes obvious he is using it as a set up. I know I would certainly make the officials aware if I had to wrestle him. Especially if it happened to me already in a match.

I know, once you zone in on Yazdani's left foot, it's quite obvious. Just happens so fast in real time, it looks like a beautiful, powerful takedown.

Really should be a blatant violation in Article 49 prohibitions. Otherwise, delete the rule.

Interesting if this becomes a huge can of worms issue, as FILA is probably aware of this now. Everyone is going to look for this on Yazdani now. Then again, maybe this technique happens so fast and so unnoticed that it is commonly accepted on the world level. I don't know.

I don't care if Yazdani keeps doing it but I just want team USA to be aware of it. I don't think any of our guys knew ie JD or Varner. Can Varner beat him-I didn't thnk so before but without this move I think Varner will stand a better chance. I mean my gosh Yazdani used it for 90% of his moves during the world cup! It would n't be that big of a deal but guys like Yazdani, Burroughs or Gatsalov are the best and if they are winning becasue of something illegal the wrestling community nees to know about it.