Sign in to follow this  
Shahin2000

Iran v Russian Finals Video

I can almost guarantee it won't change things. Tsargush was pulling singlets for years and that was way more blatant than what Yazdani does..

More blatant than Yazdani yes but it is the same on crime scale to me. We all knew about the singlet but Yazdani has done this for years and no one has ever brought this up before. Why all the sudden now di everyone notice this?

Wow once you start looking for it it's pretty blatant. I admit though I never really noticed it until you guys pointed it out. It's one of those things that's pretty hard to determine intent during a single match. Maybe he was just stepping for the leg and his opponent's foot just happened to be there kind of thing but once you see it over the course of several matches it becomes obvious he is using it as a set up. I know I would certainly make the officials aware if I had to wrestle him. Especially if it happened to me already in a match.

I know, once you zone in on Yazdani's left foot, it's quite obvious. Just happens so fast in real time, it looks like a beautiful, powerful takedown.

Really should be a blatant violation in Article 49 prohibitions. Otherwise, delete the rule.

Interesting if this becomes a huge can of worms issue, as FILA is probably aware of this now. Everyone is going to look for this on Yazdani now. Then again, maybe this technique happens so fast and so unnoticed that it is commonly accepted on the world level. I don't know.

I hear you. I started laughing after I watched his match with JD and the russian. I mean it is slick I have to admit and to conceal it for all these years or at least the last three years is amazing! I give Yazdani credit. whne i do something wrong I get caught immediately! I am gonna hire Yazdani in my business and have him do my audits for the IRS:-)

SO here's the deal on the foot stepping business. When I got back from the World Cup, I asked one of my buddies who is a top ref in NY about it and he explained it this way..

If the referee on the whistle saw it and blows the whistle to stop the action and the judge and chairman didn't see it, that ref would be in BIG trouble, especially if it were an action that could lead to scoring.

You will notice by watching film from the FILA feeds that the chairman is the guy who really oversees the match as his main job is to supervise the referee and judge. He's the one who makes those calls. They are very vocal throughout the match. If he saw it that's a different story and can advise the referee to stop the action. Otherwise action continues.

SO here's the deal on the foot stepping business. When I got back from the World Cup, I asked one of my buddies who is a top ref in NY about it and he explained it this way..

If the referee on the whistle saw it and blows the whistle to stop the action and the judge and chairman didn't see it, that ref would be in BIG trouble, especially if it were an action that could lead to scoring.

You will notice by watching film from the FILA feeds that the chairman is the guy who really oversees the match as his main job is to supervise the referee and judge. He's the one who makes those calls. They are very vocal throughout the match. If he saw it that's a different story and can advise the referee to stop the action. Otherwise action continues.

So the guy sitting at the other side of the mat needs to see it, not the ref?

This means that the rule is unenforceable, and explains why Yazdani doesn't get called for the infraction, despite doing it consistently.

How about if the ref sees ear biting or singlet pulling that leads to scoring?

Couldn't they review the video and look at it if they missed it live?

Only if a challenge block were thrown. But then again I've watched Greco matches were the guy clearly tripped the other guy (like a full on inside trip) and it was challenged, reviewed, and displayed where everyone could clearly see the trip and the refs still didn't see it. Or maybe they did and just didn't give a sh*t.

How about if the ref sees ear biting or singlet pulling that leads to scoring?

If the ref sees it he can call for it and it would need to get confirmation. If the other guys don't see it, he's screwed.

But the ref "missed" Sushil Kumar biting the Kazakh dude's ear at the Olympics (although Kumar did a pretty good job of covering it up with his body and really only seen on the video repeat) and multiple refs "missed" Tsargush's patented singlet pull sweep single for years.

Yazdani's foot stepping is so fast and so subtle that nothing will change and he will keep doing it. Switch your feet or square your stance up a bit. I don't know what to tell you.

The refs are looking at the hands to the face and stuff like that. They're not looking at the feet. It just looks like the guy is hitting a high level single and maybe the foot stepping is unintentional. It's not like they're in an under over and the guy steps on the foot and pushes him to the ground. They're doing this one so fast it will be missed or overlooked.

Watch this match to see another guy doing it.

Guys Yazdani is a punk cheater, case closed. I have watched all his title matches since 2011 and he does it in every match and it made the difference in his world title win last year. In his Bergman match at the world cup Yazdani complained like a little girl because JD was putting his hands on his head or ear. Yazdani pointed at JD and said no, no, stop it like a kid like JD was doing something wrong. It was like I am the all great Yazdani stop it now. Then Yazdani hits a step on foot takedown-it is so bad I started laughing to myself. Gazmazov is the only I have seen complain about Yazdani and everyone on the boards were blaming Gazmazov. Yazdani is slick-he had me fooled I admit. I just want the wrestling community to be aware because alot of poeple think this guy is the best in our sport right now.

Yeah, I'm getting a kick out of PRyan's change of heart. Totally enjoying his posts on Yazdani now. And I agree with PRyan that Yazdani was condescending to JD with finger pointing and complaining. When I saw that live, I wanted JD to really go after him and at least try something. Not a chance.

IMO, that was a match where the American gave the Iranian way too much respect, world champ or not. JD did absolutely nothing and got beat easily anyway.

Apologize for armchair quarterbacking again, and I know I'm being a little tough on JD here, but gosh, I'm ticked off with Yazdani's fake injuries in the past, now the finger pointing and the foot stepping, and then our guys not being aggressive when they have a chance to wrestle and beat a World Champ.

Refs aren't going to care about a few toe steps. Nothing wrong with a little mat generalship on the part of Yazdani. LOL

Step on his toes then. Next time he complains about a club to the head, drive a double into him.

It's International wrestling. It is dirty, violent, ruthless and unmerciful.

Yea I have to eat crow for sure on Yazdani. I have touted on here the last couple of years about Yazdani after he went like 66-2 the last three years and I felt bad for him when Varner won Gold in 2012 because I thought he would have handled Varner easily. As many of you know I thought Yazdani was the best in the world regardless of weight and became a very big fan of his. Watched him in the IRI leagues and saw how everyone loved him-seemed like a lovable guy and a beast of a wrestler. But I always heard that Gazymazov and Gatsalov thought he cheated in his matches. Made me not like those two and believe Yazdani. Then this world cup I got to see him up close and saw how he treated JD, then the foot stepping thing! I researched his matches with Gaymazov and saw now why he punched Yazdani. Yazdani is always trying to cheat especially if the match is close. After watching his matches closely I have concluded that he has used this foot stepping high single in every match or he fakes injuries or abuses lung time outs. His complaining is good and you always think it is the other guys fault. Now even without cheating Yazdani is still a beast but I think against the best guys he will start losing some matches and not seem so unbeatable now. I think Gazymazov will beat him now. Not sure about Varner but I think it is possible now.

Yea I have to eat crow for sure on Yazdani. I have touted on here the last couple of years about Yazdani after he went like 66-2 the last three years and I felt bad for him when Varner won Gold in 2012 because I thought he would have handled Varner easily. As many of you know I thought Yazdani was the best in the world regardless of weight and became a very big fan of his. Watched him in the IRI leagues and saw how everyone loved him-seemed like a lovable guy and a beast of a wrestler. But I always heard that Gazymazov and Gatsalov thought he cheated in his matches. Made me not like those two and believe Yazdani. Then this world cup I got to see him up close and saw how he treated JD, then the foot stepping thing! I researched his matches with Gaymazov and saw now why he punched Yazdani. Yazdani is always trying to cheat especially if the match is close. After watching his matches closely I have concluded that he has used this foot stepping high single in every match or he fakes injuries or abuses lung time outs. His complaining is good and you always think it is the other guys fault. Now even without cheating Yazdani is still a beast but I think against the best guys he will start losing some matches and not seem so unbeatable now. I think Gazymazov will beat him now. Not sure about Varner but I think it is possible now.

In the 2006 worlds match against Pritzlaff, it looks like Ashgarbazrei tried it, but Don kept whipping his foot back in time - like he knew it was coming. Pritzlaff may have also tried it back but missed as well in the second period. Not sure when viewing the video.