Sign in to follow this  
NEswitch

2014 Cinderella Stories

James English, sixth year senior after years of medical issues making the podium would be awesome. If he wins his first match against Cotrell, but then loses the next round to Tsirtsis, his road in the consi's isn't too hard to see him making the podium. He would likely get Paddock, then Racciato/Grothus, then Sako/Neibert in the R12. I can see him making the podium on this route.

Out of everyone, I'm rooting for James English and Nestor Taffur. English due to it being his 6th year of a career plagued by injuries, and Taffur AA'ing would be a bit reminiscent of Nebraska-Omaha being eliminated as a program the year they won the team title. It's gonna be a great weekend!

Definitely agree on Taffur.

I'll also throw out Tasser from Pitt. Spot starter and team guy - has wrestled five different weights for the Panthers - his whole career until he gets a chance to bump up as a 205ish pound heavyweight as a senior.

I'll also throw out Tasser from Pitt. Spot starter and team guy - has wrestled five different weights for the Panthers - his whole career until he gets a chance to bump up as a 205ish pound heavyweight as a senior.

5 different weights is crazy, how many different weights in one year though?

5 different weights is crazy, how many different weights in one year though?

His redshirt season and rs freshman year he was 165. Spot started a few matches.

His rs soph year he started for a stretch at 174 while Headlee was hurt, also wrestled some 184 (including a win over Clymer from Hofstra who I believe was top-10 at the time?) and then qualified for NCAAs at heavyweight only weighing like 188 I want to say.

last year spot started at 174, might have made an appearance at 184, and then bumped up to 197 and won against Edinboro in the dual meet.

THis year heavy the whole season. So I think three in any one season was the most.