Sign in to follow this  
TheKurgan

Dake vs. Taylor spoiler....be warned....

2-1 DAKE! So much for those who said that Taylor would spank Dake in Folk all day everyday including Sunday. Tough match very defensive but Dake wins in 3 OT with an escape.....So who is eating crow? HEY NJWC Eat it!!!!!!! So the series is Dake 2 Taylor 0 (in collegiate). Tough match and both guys are tough as nails. However, I think Dake will finally get the respect he deserves from the naysayers about folk vs. free......the guy is a 3 time NCAA Champ. I hope this finally settles the issue....best of luck to both men in the upcoming season.

This result doesn't settle squat.

It puts to bed the idea that was held by some on here that the freestyle result was a fluke, and that the outcome would be totally different in a folkstyle match. I suppose those folks can still say that the OTT match was a fluke, and that the outcome here was different, because Taylor didn't lose by as much. But that's a much tougher argument to make than if Taylor had won. The match might not have been pretty, but Dake is now 2-0, with wins in both styles, and Taylor is yet to take him down in about 12 minutes of total wrestling in those two matches.

It puts to bed the idea that was held by some on here that the freestyle result was a fluke, and that the outcome would be totally different in a folkstyle match. I suppose those folks can still say that the OTT match was a fluke, and that the outcome here was different, because Taylor didn't lose by as much. But that's a much tougher argument to make than if Taylor had won. The match might not have been pretty, but Dake is now 2-0, with wins in both styles, and Taylor is yet to take him down in about 12 minutes of total wrestling in those two matches.

It definitely clarifies everything.

Exactly. Dake finds a way to win. Taylor remains perplexed by top flight competition. I don't expect this rivalry to last forever, I think Taylor ends up adding 20 lbs to his frame before his career is over.

I predicted 3-1 dake with 2:45 RT

No riding time involved I guess

Great exibitition - I'm glad they wrestled - good for the sport - match doesn't count for anything though (except for our threads I guess)

2-1 DAKE! So much for those who said that Taylor would spank Dake in Folk all day everyday including Sunday. Tough match very defensive but Dake wins in 3 OT with an escape.....So who is eating crow? HEY NJWC Eat it!!!!!!! So the series is Dake 2 Taylor 0 (in collegiate). Tough match and both guys are tough as nails. However, I think Dake will finally get the respect he deserves from the naysayers about folk vs. free......the guy is a 3 time NCAA Champ. I hope this finally settles the issue....best of luck to both men in the upcoming season.

What the hell? Do you have me confused with someone? What did I say?