Sign in to follow this  
The_Education

how does an idiot with no cable watch the NCAA tournament?

Back in the day I would go to my favorite Sports Bar and ask the manager to put it on one TV. Of course, he looked at me like I just cut a big fart but I got to watch the semi's. I'm sure you can get creative if need be.

Then again, there's always the library if you can deal with a potential firewall issue.

Login IS required to watch online. You have to know someone who is not a wrestling fan that has a login and PW to a cable company on the list which you can use for a few days. This person does not even have to be in the same state as you. Find a friend or relative that subscribes to a cable provider on the list and get their login and PW

Am I missing something ? As I understand the schedule and listings, you can ONLY watch on line up to the semi's. The semi final and the finals will be on TV

Which means you can't watch thursday and friday morning action at Hooters or Wild Wings.

In addition, you can't watch thursday and friday morning on Dish and direct TV.

You watch online and select the mat(s) you want to watch. (that's where the track dashboard comes in handy)

In the past there has been audio coverage on LSV or Takedown Radio. Anyone know if there is coverage of that fashion this year? Those guys were nuts! but fun to listen to and they give some great recaps of a lot of the action and brackets.

Am I missing something ? As I understand the schedule and listings, you can ONLY watch on line up to the semi's. The semi final and the finals will be on TV

Which means you can't watch thursday and friday morning action at Hooters or Wild Wings.

In addition, you can't watch thursday and friday morning on Dish and direct TV.

You watch online and select the mat(s) you want to watch. (that's where the track dashboard comes in handy)

Thursday and Friday are on ESPNU all day.

Dish Network here, and I am going to watch and record (in case I miss anything) starting at 11AM this morning on ESPNU. I don't think I'll see all the mats, but you can watch without signing on ESPN3.com with a borrowed login. The bad thing is I think pumpkin pushing starts today, so going to a sports bar may not work.

FYI: Anyone planning to DVR the NCAA Wrestling should record the show playing before and playing after. The DVR will stop recording when the timeslot ends and sometimes the timeslot ends before the broadcast ends. There have been times when you go to watch it and see that the ending of a match was cut off because the session ran late (just like an overtime game).

for all you cord cutters (i am one...have saved $2400 over 2 years of NOT paying comcast), there is a little dongle that you plug into a tv's hdmi slot, called a chromecast. costs 35 bucks. you can "throw" a screen from a chrome browser tab to your tv. that is how i am going to watch today.

i'll fire up espn3 on my laptop, and throw it to my big screen.

very similar to what corporal said I am using AirPlay to do the same thing because I use macs. Working flawlessly as of yet.

I havent' read any of the above posts but ESPN is streaming all matches for free.

Somebody probably poster this already.