Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Jordan Burroughs Facebook Post on CF

https://m.facebook.com/2xnationalchamp/posts/10101285872523123

I do not represent the company CF or Cagefighter, if you see any posts, or supposed JB signature tees from them, I do not support them. Please do not buy them. The owner of the company continues to illegally produce apparel with my image on them in order to sell his company's products. I have repeatedly asked for them to stop, but they refuse to listen, so I feel obligated to post this. Please Help me by no longer buying any gear from this company that has AllSeeIsGold or my name on it. They are bad for me and wrestling. Thank you in advance.

It's not easy for an athlete with limited resources to protect their name/brand, because of what could be very expensive legal costs.

Because of repetitive disputes with this company and wrestlers, one must conclude they are BAD for wrestling in that they drain resources and focus away from our very best athletes. GET THIS COMPANY AWAY FROM THE SPORT ASAP

Too bad. Is Dake the next to get hosed?

rumor is dake has already been in a dispute with them over a few issues has anyone seen the shoes that cf was suppose to produce as part of the deal dake has

It's not easy for an athlete with limited resources to protect their name/brand, because of what could be very expensive legal costs.

Because of repetitive disputes with this company and wrestlers, one must conclude they are BAD for wrestling in that they drain resources and focus away from our very best athletes. GET THIS COMPANY AWAY FROM THE SPORT ASAP

couldn't agree more nothing this guy is affiliated with should be supported he wants the focus on him and all his headaches pull away from the sport no athlete should be worrying about defending their image it is hard enough to find support and this guy has been pimping the burroughs image for months after he publicly said he is not in any way a part of cf anymore

rumor is dake has already been in a dispute with them over a few issues has anyone seen the shoes that cf was suppose to produce as part of the deal dake has

I was really surprised by the lack of guidance from the people around Dake to have him go into business with this guy...You'd think Cornell would have some business sense. I wonder how much of that "million dollar contract" he has actually seen. With that said, there aren't many guys who market clothing as well as Disabato...He is just ruthless and shady when it comes to business ethics. Can any of his athletes really trust that he is giving them their agreed upon royalty %?

If I had to guess, an agreement might include some up front cash and a percentage of profits, in exchange for using name and would-be trademarks.

Problem is, a kid straight out of school, is going to buy a new car, pay taxes on that sum, and have a little put aside. Nothing wrong with that, except the problem is you have to use the rest of your resources and then some in legal fees to enforce the contract.

I was shocked Dake climbed on board but maybe he based it partly on the other athletes associated. Rubbing Herbert and Burroughs the wrong way is suicide in this sport but still has Cormier and some other big UFC stars. There's only so many people you can screw over though.