Sign in to follow this  
closer617

First Upset..First round ??

Khishignyam from CIT...over Retherford from PSU....if it is close in the 3rd pd Retherford will go to the losers bracket and take 3rd. In 2 years he will be a ncaa champ...just not this year or next year.

definitely a match to keep an eye on. however, I believe if it is close in the 3rd zain will pull it out. ugi wins if he can build an early lead,

I am a big fan of Ugi and was really happy he was granted another year of eligibility. However, he has nearly NO chance to beat Retherford. For a returning AA Ugi has been VERY bad on bottom this year. Add in the fact that Retherford, excepting Stieber, is probably the toughest in the weight on top and you have a recipe for losing. I prescribe heavily to the "Freshman factor" at the tournament. I never pick freshman to place over their seed. I also will mostly pick the proven AA. However, a lot of this comes down to match ups and I don't think Ugi matches up well with Retherford. In fact, I think Retherford may be his worst match up excepting Stieber.

I picked a lot of upsets at 125, Hall over Silver, Kraisser over Martines, Parisi over Kilmara, Germaine over Taylor and Youtsey over Zanetta.

Good call on Taylor! Kid got stuck! Wow! He was a seventh seed!