Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Question About Delgado vs. Megaludis

Nico got a TD after a shot scramble that held a position for at least 10 seconds. Wouldn't have minded the td call except it came after no change in position for quite some time which gave Delgado no time to react or really indicated any true control.

Nico got a TD after a shot scramble that held a position for at least 10 seconds. Wouldn't have minded the td call except it came after no change in position for quite some time which gave Delgado no time to react or really indicated any true control.

So I was wrong, and Delgado did NOT have RT, or did that last 10 seconds of Nico's control run down the RT?

Guest Hammerlock3
If true, Perry needs to teach the "look busy to avoid a stalemate" technique he used vs Hendricks.

no one knows what you are talking about

Hammerlock... strange position that Im not sure i have ever seen before. At first I wasn't sure it was two, but after just watching it with a buddy of mine we both agreed it was two. In fact I think the referee did a good job not awarding the 2 until Nico locked both of his hands around Delgado's legs and flattened Delgado to the mat(putting his weight in to him). While Delgado had Nico"s leg..Nico was in the "control " position. We see 2 points awarded frequently when wrestler A has his arms around wrestler B's leg but wrestler B comes around behind and laces the ankle of wrestler A and wrestler B has his hips behind A's hips and his weight in to him. Different situation but similar in that merely grabbing on to someone's leg is meaningless if the opponent is in control. And the position did change(in nico's favor) at precisely the time the 2 was awarded. That being said Delgado has some sick "perry like" funks against Nico's leg attacks. Glad I didn't referee this match!!!!

Stopped attacking?? Delgado had a nice leg attack in first period and a very nice finish to Nico's split. But for 80 percent of the match Nico was stalking Delgado or on Delgado's legs. I counted in deep 4 times. Nico better learn how to counter Delgado's funks. Delgado instantly went to the funk as soon as nico was on his legs. Very Perry like. And YES it was 2.

It seemed to me like there was no change in position for 10-15 sec, then the ref signaled TD. That's kind of what the announcers were saying as well. A generous call for Megaludis, imo. But I will say that Delgado got too conservative after his lead and RT, while Nico attacked.

As far as refs not having seen a position like that, I disagree. Welch has been in a similar position in several matches I have seen, where the opponent has his leg, but can't do anything more, with Welch is doing the splits.

I wanna see the video, or the position to judge for myself. Not that I am without bias, but there has been an awful lot of bias from normally fair posters lately.

Any links?

That angle favors Megaludis a little more than did Flo's angle.

I thought it should have been a no call, but I can't say it was a terrible call either.

megaludis was in no better posistion than he was 15 seconds earlier. the moment became to large for this ref who felt the pressure to call something .. and blew it.

these refs were not of all star quality

Thanks.

After watching I still have no idea =p

I don't see how anybody else could be so positive either way.

Nico seems a bit faster, but Delgado was tough on top and has the funk going. 125 is going to be exciting.

Edit: After watching the last part over a couple times, it seems like the ref was talking to them? My imagination?

There is nothing in the rule book which states that if a wrestler has another wrestlers ankle against their chest that they are immune from getting scored on.

This is merely something we have come to expect due to convention. The description of a takedown in the NCAA rulebook is very vague, and we really rely upon the conventional judgement of referees to fill any gaps. Conventionally referees do not call a takedown if a wrestler is in possession of his opponent's leg, but this situation stretched the boundaries of this common situation so much, that convention had to be denied.

I was matside, Nico controlled the hips, and was behind his opponent, the fact that Delgado had the ankle is immaterial. This is a take down for Nico, the only thing the ref did wrong is not call it sooner

megaludis was in no better posistion than he was 15 seconds earlier. the moment became to large for this ref who felt the pressure to call something .. and blew it.

these refs were not of all star quality

Except McCormick is accepted as the top official in the country, other than that they sucked.

Don't mind the call, should've made it sooner.