Sign in to follow this  
Old_Marine_Wrestler

Kyle Dake

I can understand Dake's bias. He joked about it and was being honest in his evaluations/opinions. He is still a coach/wrestler in that room. No problem there.

Johnson, however, should be completely neutral. I dont think he's outrageously biased in any direction, but he does talk about the Hawks an awful lot. I think he has a man crush on Gable.

Overall, I thought it was a good day of coverage/announcing.

Johnson is not a Hawkeye. If u watched any of the Big ten meets this year, you would have seen johnson picking on the Hawks quite often. Pretty sure Dake's big red bias came through a lot more yestersday!

I watched all the BTN meets this year, which only reinforced my view of Johnson's Hawkeye bias.

His predilection has been discussed here before, with most observers acknowledging his partisanship - including at least one Hawkeye fan (to his credit).

http://www.usawrestlingnation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11123&sid=4196e2a139fe15c59fc2cf0ba988e9ad

As to Dake, his role was different than Johnson's (who was doing the actual play-by-play). Everyone is aware that he wrestled for Cornell and is currently a volunteer coach there. Plus Dake acknowledged he was rooting for the Big Red during his segment.

Ok then. When Iowa wins most of their matches every year, and pushes the pace in most matches it would be hard for nearly any announcer to not sound Hawkeye biased.

Anyways i think Johnson/Gibbons need to be replaced. Its time for some fresh blood with some new marketing especially for the bigten meets. Those guys are wore out and need to be put out to the pasture. Sounds not nice but its how i feel

Please.

Johnson probably does his broadcast standing with replica Gable Hawkeye crutches. Even when Iowa isn't shooting but just pushing oh look they are pushing the pace.

Last I checked pushing out of bounds isn't wrestling its snaps and shots and take down attempts.

Kyle is an active coach so of course he will have bias