Sign in to follow this  
wrestler9111

NNNEEESSSSS!!!!

Such garbage. An average wrestler uses junk move to beat a stud. Not a fan of his style at all. Appearently it is legal this year to wrench the head and neck too.Reminds me of the strangler from MSU a few years ago.

Ness has heart and guts, I will give him that.

You mean the "average" wrestler who is a returning finalist and has better finishes than Green does in both years they've competed?

Mmmk....

Sour grapes much?

Such garbage. An average wrestler uses junk move to beat a stud. Not a fan of his style at all. Appearently it is legal this year to wrench the head and neck too.Reminds me of the strangler from MSU a few years ago.

Ness has heart and guts, I will give him that.

The Troll is strong with this one.

being a troll and being a whiny little biotch are two entirely different things

Coach

no Junk Here, give kid the credit, Kid Mastered a move. " Im going to do it but you cant stop me"

"balls to do it"-Trusting in his training and his skills.

Love it cant wait for tonight!

" Magic" LOL

These are studs he do this "junk" " Miller next stud up"

could it be 4 in a row?

Frank

When you hit "garbage" moves on everyone they aren't garbage anymore. Like If you headlock returning champions and AAs them at some point you're just good enough to get away with it. What makes ness so good at this by the way? Is there some aspect of the technique that he does that no one else does?

Coach

no Junk Here, give kid the credit, Kid Mastered a move. " Im going to do it but you cant stop me"

"balls to do it"-Trusting in his training and his skills.

Love it cant wait for tonight!

" Magic" LOL

These are studs he do this "junk" " Miller next stud up"

could it be 4 in a row?

Can someone translate this posts?

Frank

1. I doubt there's a wrestler in the 157 bracket that says "Awesome I have NESS" lol I'm sure its more like "Crap I have that guy?" lol The funny thing is you know Green was waiting for it and trying to keep his weight back.. etc and Ness STILL elevated him over. lol It's crazy. I've seen him do it from neutral, top and bottom..lol

2. His exciting style is exactly what our sport needs to keep it fun, interesting and exciting to fans OTHER than the diehard wrestling fans, and wrestler's families..

I'll be pulling for him to make the finals. he is fun to watch..lol

Realbuto looked great against DSJ. Good for him..

For us old timers Ness reminds us of Schalles. I knew Ness would keep working until he got Green to his back.

Similar time frame: there was an OrSU kid that Carl Adams beat in the finals that although Carl put him on his back he kept his arms posted out. The bottom kept a front wizzer hold and was known to throw you through from his back when you tried to clamp down for the fall.

For us old timers Ness reminds us of Schalles. I knew Ness would keep working until he got Green to his back.

You got that right. When Ness pulled that elevator on Green I immediately thought of Wade Shalles vs. John Chatman in the PA state finals in '69. Chatman had won states as a sophomore - very rare back then in a middle weight. Most people thought he was going to be a god. In their finals match in the 3rd period, Shalles was sitting on his butt and elevated Chatman right to his back for a fall. I don't think my mouth closed for a week.

It helps wrestling to have a wild card like Ness around. He's an accident waiting to happen. You just don't who will be the victim, him or his opponent.

The thing about Ness's big moves -- and he'd be the first to tell you this -- is the set-up is important.

So, his big moves are not Hail Mary's, in the sense that they work well when he's behind and needs to pull out a "W".

Rather, his big moves work when the other guy is behind, and/or frustrated and/or over-anxious, and coming to/at him.

So, once Dieringer got up on him by a substantial margin early, that part of Ness's repertoire wasn't really going to work for him too well.

You got that right. When Ness pulled that elevator on Green I immediately thought of Wade Shalles vs. John Chatman in the PA state finals in '69. Chatman had won states as a sophomore - very rare back then in a middle weight. Most people thought he was going to be a god. In their finals match in the 3rd period, Shalles was sitting on his butt and elevated Chatman right to his back for a fall. I don't think my mouth closed for a week.

It helps wrestling to have a wild card like Ness around. He's an accident waiting to happen. You just don't who will be the victim, him or his opponent.

Here is the link to Shalles vs Chapman. I went to a Camp in the Poconos the summer of 68 run by Princeton wrestling coach,John Johnston. Shalles was there and was perfecting the leg elevator. He pinned everyone with it in the camp tournament. Also was at Rec Hall to see Chatman go down. Great memories. Glad to see Ness work that move as Wade once did.