Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Realbuto vs. St. John

No kidding. Cornell kid looked like a better faster version of STJ. I dont know about hou Vak but i feel Ramos and StJ are a shell of themselves now. STJ is so slow with no explosion or offense this year. Ramos wins by 1 or 2 points against guys he would major or pin last year.

I think what this shows again how important coaching and opportunity is to college success. He had national success at Junior nations but I'm not sure if Realbuto would have been recruited by the Big Ten schools. A major program in the region like Cornell is an godsend to wrestlers in the area.

Plenty of NY wrestlers used to go under-recruited due to the state's restrictive competition rules and the previous state qualification procedures. However, Realbuto was highly ranked coming out of high school, and I don't think this description fits him.

Is there any movement within NY to get the state to remove the travel restriction? It does nothing but hurt the kids.

I also feel Realbuto would've been recruited heavily outside of NY.....he was impressive at DD last year.