Sign in to follow this  
LemonPie

**Team race thread**

The Ref should have either stalemated that last situation or called stalling again. Roth picked up a single from top with :18 left and then sat there. The ref called stalling with about :08 left and then just watched the clock run out. If you don't want to give the point, then call a stalemate, but you can't let a guy just sit there for the last 20 seconds of a rideout.

What is the third head to head Im missing? I got 125, 184, and ?

Side note, all Cornell does it take out the big boys, Iowa and PSU, wow! Realbuto and Palacio today over Moore and St. John, Garrett twice over Megaludis this year, Mcdonough last year, Dean over Ruth, Bosak over Wright, Dake with 4 finals wins vs 2 PSU n 2 Iowa. Its unreal. With this core of Garrett, Grey, Realbuto, Palacio and Dean, if a few more big recruits develop, 2016 could be their year. Hell, not out of the question to steal a team trophy this year.

Penn St 61 points, 4 up top, 3 down low.

Minny 59 points, 4 up, 4 down

Okie St 56, 4 up, 3 down

All 3 teams have had some guys disappoint while others surpassed expectations. Plenty of "what if's" or "if only's" for all 3 teams, but this is what they all have left. I really think Minny and Okie St can put more in the finals than PSU, but who knows! Crazy season, crazy tournament, man this is gonna be fun!

Just off the pace a bit

Iowa 42.5, 3 up, 3 down. Couple nice wins but too many let downs

Cornell 39.5, 3 up, 2 down. 4 freshmen, 1 soph. The giant killers!

Cornell has 3 up (Garrett, Realbuto, Dean), 3 down (Grey, Villalonga, Palacio). Good chance to take a team trophy from Iowa.

What a crazy year! The upsets just keep rolling in.

Team race is unpredictable at this point between the top three.

Quite a few really good wrestlers going home without any hardware.

Realbuto is proving to be as good as expected. PSU stars are keeping them in the race.....alot of let downs on the team this year.

I just made an excel file to take a closer look at the team race and the max points possible if each wrestler on a team were to win out and by pin in each match. If each team won out by pin the team scores would look like this:

Minnesota: 193

Penn State: 175.5

Okla St: 170.5

Iowa: 143

Cornell:140

Ohio St:105

Oklahoma: 102.5

Virginia Tech: 97.5

Edinboro: 83.5

Illinois: 83

Obviously this wont be the actual result, but it does show how close things might end up at the top.

I dont know how to post the excel file here but if somebody tells me how, I can.

Cornell has 3 up (Garrett, Realbuto, Dean), 3 down (Grey, Villalonga, Palacio). Good chance to take a team trophy from Iowa.

My mistake, can't believe I missed Villalonga.

Minnesota and PSU look to be in the best position. Just don't see OSU getting 3 or 4 finals wins.

-Storley v. Brown is huge.

-Mega and Retherford with tough matchups, but PSU needs them to come through.

-Schiller in a good position to advance to 3/4, while Steinhaus has a tough matchup with Dean

-I'd be surprised if Thorn gets another win. Same with English. Wash

-Morgan and Z probably both favored for 7th. Wash.

-Minnesota most likely needs to win both Finals matches.