Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2017

Can someone explain to me how Megaludis didn't get screwed?

When they replayed it again, it was very very close but Garrett did a good job of not letting Mega get his other arm out to get around him. This is why I would never want to be a ref, because I wouldn't want to have to make those close calls like that.

Very close at the end.....But I wouldnt want that takedown called against my guy.

Garrett's speed just kills Nico every time.

Rob Koll said in an interview prior to the tournament that Garrett's neutral is just as good as Dake's - that's ecoming easier to believe as time goes on. I wanted Mega to win but Nahshon outwrestled him in almost all positions until the last minute or so.

No TD. I don't understand what the fuss is about. Just because it looks like it might've led to a TD at some point doesn't make it a TD.

Garrett has Mega's number and is Mega's worst match-up. Better speed, more height with Ruth-like limb length, and one of the few guys who can go blow for blow with Mega in a battle of lungs.

Right guy, and better guy, won.

If Garrett had the takedown to start the match, then Nico had one there at the end. Basically same position except that at the end Garret had his hand on the ground which favors Nico's shot over Garrett's.

Inconsistent reffing.

Like the stall call that saved Marsden. How many points have been handed out in the final seconds of matches this week? That might be the only one. So why then and there? Felix couldn't possibly have been stalling worse than 50 other wrestlers.

Inconsistent reffing.

I thought Nahshon's cradle was a TD.

Mega looked like he had one from the camera angle, but on the replay it showed his right arm was trapped inside. If he were able to swim out and bring it around Garrett's hip/waist it's 2.

He didn't.

And he made no attempt at offense in the 1st. He was backing up instead of looking for angles (even with his left wrist tied up).

He got outwrestled. That's why I would have liked to have seen him as the 4 and not the 3. He had a better shot of beating Delgado than he did Garrett.

I thought Nahshon's cradle was a TD.

Mega looked like he had one from the camera angle, but on the replay it showed his right arm was trapped inside. If he were able to swim out and bring it around Garrett's hip/waist it's 2.

He didn't.

And he made no attempt at offense in the 1st. He was backing up instead of looking for angles (even with his left wrist tied up).

He got outwrestled. That's why I would have liked to have seen him as the 4 and not the 3. He had a better shot of beating Delgado than he did Garrett.

Over now. Gotta wrestle hard for 3rd. He has to take it to Clark.

If Garrett had the takedown to start the match, then Nico had one there at the end. Basically same position except that at the end Garret had his hand on the ground which favors Nico's shot over Garrett's.

Inconsistent reffing.

Like the stall call that saved Marsden. How many points have been handed out in the final seconds of matches this week? That might be the only one. So why then and there? Felix couldn't possibly have been stalling worse than 50 other wrestlers.

Inconsistent reffing.

I agree on the latter but not the former. It was NOT a TD. It really wasn't a situation where it could even have been interpreted as a TD for the reason Old Marine stated. It was objectively not a TD, end of story. Watch the replay.

What I didn't understand was the first takedown for Garrett? He never had the other leg. That was a head scratcher and Johnson just ignored talking about the position and focused on the out-of-bounds rule during the review. How was that a takedown?

btw, Garrett was so fast early on, Nico wasn't even reacting to his shot until after he already had the leg. They should call him the mongoose. Wow, is he quick!

What I didn't understand was the first takedown for Garrett? He never had the other leg. That was a head scratcher and Johnson just ignored talking about the position and focused on the out-of-bounds rule during the review. How was that a takedown?

btw, Garrett was so fast early on, Nico wasn't even reacting to his shot until after he already had the leg. They should call him the mongoose. Wow, is he quick!

They're calling that a TD consistently, from what I've seen. Garrett had a cradle locked up and set Mega on his hip for a moment, and that's all it takes.