Sign in to follow this  
MA_Wrestler

Grajales

Gets over the hump! A much scrootinized wrestler on these boards, very happy for him to end his career finally on the podium. Congrats!

Also congrats to James English, 6th year senior, mostly a career backup, now goes out an AA. And a much needed one if they're gonna win this team title again.

Gets over the hump! A much scrootinized wrestler on these boards, very happy for him to end his career finally on the podium. Congrats!

Also congrats to James English, 6th year senior, mostly a career backup, now goes out an AA. And a much needed one if they're gonna win this team title again.

Agree, we now have more time in the arena to check out his mom.

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h ... 4504_n.jpg

Congrats to him, but don't cry like that while a guy is turning you just because it hurts. End it with some dignity even in a loss. How is that even legal? You can just yell, not take inj time, and restart on bottom? Bs IMHO. I do like the fact he wrestled tough this tourney, but c'mon man.

Congrats to him, but don't cry like that while a guy is turning you just because it hurts. End it with some dignity even in a loss. How is that even legal? You can just yell, not take inj time, and restart on bottom? Bs IMHO. I do like the fact he wrestled tough this tourney, but c'mon man.

The ref called potentially dangerous...Maybe he was actually in pain?

You wanna talk "crappy?" How 'bout the ref refusing McFarland's challenge at the end of the Houdashelt match, when Grajales appeared to have locked up the cradle for 2 pts td that would have sent that match into overtime? Sorry for all the Grajales detractors out there, but a justifiable argument for Grajales having been robbed of a legitimate right to the finals match is very real. His handling of the situation/outcome is exemplary. If anyone has an explanation for the ref's refusal to acknowledge McFarland's request for a review of the action at the end, I know I'm not the only one curious to have it shared.

Watching Grajales finish his senior year on a high, with only one close loss to the #1 seed, was one of the highlights of the tournament for me.

Grajales has taken so much crap on this board over the years mainly because of where he wrestled in HS, and he came out like a boss and silenced all his critics. Win or lose, he was always one of the more entertaining wrestlers in college, and I will miss watching him compete.

Watching Grajales finish his senior year on a high, with only one close loss to the #1 seed, was one of the highlights of the tournament for me.

Grajales has taken so much crap on this board over the years mainly because of where he wrestled in HS, and he came out like a boss and silenced all his critics. Win or lose, he was always one of the more entertaining wrestlers in college, and I will miss watching him compete.

agree

he was an awesome Greco guy, fearless...

The Grajales family was in the same suite with me. It was the first time I'd met them. Mr. Grajales said Eric got a high ankle sprain about 10 days before the NCAA tournament last year, but never said anything publicly about it. Mr. Grajales said Eric took a lot of heat over the past few years for not making AA, but he and the family never complained or gave excuses. They got to enjoy their son's redeeming himself by taking 3rd. The whole family was a class act.

Mr. Grajales asked if I was the Big Apple. I said yes, he said he printed out my guide to OKC and loved the suggestions. He said he might go to one of the "dirty spois" I mentioned. His wife said no your not, he said he'd take her with him. She is quite attractive, he doesn't need to anywhere.

I found out why OKC didn't get in the next cycle. The mayor will be getting a letter from me, a couple of heads need to roll.

You wanna talk "crappy?" How 'bout the ref refusing McFarland's challenge at the end of the Houdashelt match, when Grajales appeared to have locked up the cradle for 2 pts td that would have sent that match into overtime? Sorry for all the Grajales detractors out there, but a justifiable argument for Grajales having been robbed of a legitimate right to the finals match is very real. His handling of the situation/outcome is exemplary. If anyone has an explanation for the ref's refusal to acknowledge McFarland's request for a review of the action at the end, I know I'm not the only one curious to have it shared.

I switched to this screen just as time was ending, so I didn't see the cradle. What I think happened, however, is that grajales had the near cradle attempt towards the end of the period. Then there was a break in the action with :12 seconds left. Michigan should have challenged then. They didn't, let the match restart and the :12 play out, then challenged. At that point, it was too late to go back and challenge the call before the restart.

My letter to the mayor was written and sent. St. Louis estimates the economic impact of the NCAA wrestling tournament at $14.7 million, versus $9 million for a NCAA basketball regional. So i expect something will get done. OKC's mayor Mick Cornett was formerly a sports anchor for one of the local TV stations. He just got reelected for a third 4-year term by a wide margin.

Love watching guys likd Eric Grajales and Dylan Ness wrestle with their go for broke styles.

Thanks, Lammergeier, but it's my understanding the challenge was made immediately, and I am not the only person who saw the ref simply turn away from the Michigan coaches led by McFarland who was still clasping the green flag and with a look of total disbelief as the ref strode back to the center for the restart. I'm still trying to find the video. Anyone?