Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Feel-good AAs

I'll say kindig. I remember him as a sophomore in HS getting tooled by senior Jordan Oliver at Districts or Regions and closing th gap by states.

As a senior I thought he'd be a multi AA but sometimes we forget how hard that is and now he's in the finals.

Hasn't Kindig's history always been wait for Oliver to graduate? Couldn't win PA states until Oliver graduated. Then moves into the 149 slot after JO graduates.

I'll say kindig. I remember him as a sophomore in HS getting tooled by senior Jordan Oliver at Districts or Regions and closing th gap by states.

As a senior I thought he'd be a multi AA but sometimes we forget how hard that is and now he's in the finals.

Hasn't Kindig's history always been wait for Oliver to graduate? Couldn't win PA states until Oliver graduated. Then moves into the 149 slot after JO graduates.

wow! the title of the thread is FEEL GOOD AAs. try again!

Lu alum- that's a credit to Kindig, he didn't run and even went to the same college team, knowing that JO would be at the same weight.

i didn't mean my post to rip Kindig. it was meant to give him props. gotta appreciate the fact that he went to OSU knowing he'd be behind the guy who was his obstacle the first half of his HS career. then he made the cut to 141 to fit into the lineup. if I'm not mistaken, Oliver was instrumental in recruiting Kindig to OSU.

Lu alum- that's a credit to Kindig, he didn't run and even went to the same college team, knowing that JO would be at the same weight.

i didn't mean my post to rip Kindig. it was meant to give him props. gotta appreciate the fact that he went to OSU knowing he'd be behind the guy who was his obstacle the first half of his HS career. then he made the cut to 141 to fit into the lineup. if I'm not mistaken, Oliver was instrumental in recruiting Kindig to OSU.

word. my bad then. read your last post wrong.

He was a sophomore in HS the year he met Senior JO and gave him his toughest match of the year.

Chris Perry and Tony Nelson. It's amazing to see two wrestlers who appear incapable of physical movement be able to succeed in a movement-based sport like wrestling. We really are inclusive!

Legit loled.

Nelson I kinda understand but didn't Perry score a bunch in HS? I thought he owned QW in HS and scored a lot but I've been known to be wrong in the past.

Chris Perry and Tony Nelson. It's amazing to see two wrestlers who appear incapable of physical movement be able to succeed in a movement-based sport like wrestling. We really are inclusive!

haha

edit: I do feel good about Nelson after the beatings he has taken this season.

Legit loled.

Nelson I kinda understand but didn't Perry score a bunch in HS? I thought he owned QW in HS and scored a lot but I've been known to be wrong in the past.

I did a legit lol as well. Everyone was being so positive and then you get to vak's post expecting more sugar and instead you get some vinegar. :lol:

Burak for Iowa. My little ass just happened to get moved to first class and next to Burak with the rest of the Hawks. Caught a plane ride last year to Denver to watch my Ravens win one of the greatest playoff games ever while they were heading to Stillwater. Back on topic, Burak was just a really nice, quiet kid.

Clark and Burak from Iowa. Indiana, and Michigan State Heavyweights, and Hammond from Bakersfield. But my favorites were English and Zilverberg. Two guys toiling for years, and finally reaching AA. Maybe they weren't the most talented but sometimes hard work, and good old fashioned effort sometimes pays off.

My votes:

English - what a story.

Grajales - with authority.

Durso - just like the small school

Hartmann - Duke --- who? Awesome

Dechow - ODU - who? Awesome

Again, the non powerhouse schools with the guys that turn some heads.

But my favorites were English and Zilverberg. Two guys toiling for years, and finally reaching AA. Maybe they weren't the most talented but sometimes hard work, and good old fashioned effort sometimes pays off.

+1. No matter who you are, and how bad the deck is stacked against you, if you believe, it will happen. Seeing these guys, I wish I was a kid all over again, and could really learn these lessons and take them to heart. Looking back, I see that I got discouraged too easily. Or rather, that I should have believed more.

But my favorites were English and Zilverberg. Two guys toiling for years, and finally reaching AA. Maybe they weren't the most talented but sometimes hard work, and good old fashioned effort sometimes pays off.

+1. No matter who you are, and how bad the deck is stacked against you, if you believe, it will happen. Seeing these guys, I wish I was a kid all over again, and could really learn these lessons and take them to heart. Looking back, I see that I got discouraged too easily. Or rather, that I should have believed more.

English- True class act and a wonderful story what he went through.

Cruz(unseeded)- Watched him all through HS, amazing skills. He is a very undersized 125 pounder and after getting teched by Nico in his first match, he comes back to get 7th while beating 3 ranked guys along the way. Always respectful even in his losses.

Kindig- He had an amazing tourney and just came up short. By the way he was 7,2,1,1 in PA AAA states, lost to Oliver as a sophomore.

Hey Nelson moves! With all the speed of a tectonic plate that is.

I loved seeing English AA after being a back up and zilverberg as well.

Being am Ohio guy, it was great to see Jordan join the family AA group, as well as Habat placing so high and Johnson from OU doing well.

As great as Hammond wrestled all weekend, I still have a hard time rooting for him after his cheap shot against Walters from OU last season. Great year for him but it still bothers me a bit.