Sign in to follow this  
tec87

Dake-Taylor Video

The refs have stopped calling stalls? I heard they were going to step up the calls. Failed attempt at twisting my words. glad you agree that Ruth is the best wrestler.

See we can all do that childish crap you pull. It is fun.

I think Ruth might be the best wrestler.

re Dake: Keep on crying about Dake stalling while David Taylor grabbed hands and did nothing. I am glad the refs didn't make the match about the refs, and instead let two great wrestlers have at it and make their own breaks in exhibition.

scribe is just trolling as usual. He isn't getting the reaction he had hoped for, or the result.

First you are going to quit, now you aren't?

ps: Ed Ruth is an amazing wrestler. Why didn't he go to the Allstar, cj?

..no idea

..might not like DC? (you know what I mean)

..would most likely wrestle Hamlin and the have Hamlin again in the home opener on the 16th.

lol you must have misread something way back.

I never complained about the stalling or said there was a no call. In fact, I have said in several posts that I was glad they did not call a stall in this match.

Where are you reading this info? I responded to a post saying that they hated stalling calls and wish the refs would stay out of it. If you think that would make wrestling better........ you need help.

You are really reaching hard. Wait for your counterpart CT maybe you two can have a battle of wits.

Apparently copyright doesn't restrict video taping a video screen. Here is the Dake Taylor match video:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/249836-47th-All-Star-Classic/video/660917-165lbs-Kyle-Dake-vs-David-Taylor

You'll see a lot of stalling by Dake.

I'll add that it was still one of the bests matches I've seen live.

Interesting, I would've never guessed you'd play the stalling card.

Dake stalling was an observation ... I think they were both very cautious and gave a lot of respect to each other. Dake won the match fair and square, straight up, over the course of 9-minutes. I really don't want to take anything away from the "Kid". I'm a big fan of Dake. He's definitely cool under pressure. Until the Summer beat down Dake gave Taylor I really didn't think Dake was in the same league as Taylor. I was wrong! That being said going into the All-Star match I really couldn't pick who would win. As I said, the match was one of the best I've seen and hope they meet again. There is a potential for them to meet at the Scuffle, and at the NCAAs. We'll see what happens.

Apparently copyright doesn't restrict video taping a video screen. Here is the Dake Taylor match video:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/249836-47th-All-Star-Classic/video/660917-165lbs-Kyle-Dake-vs-David-Taylor

You'll see a lot of stalling by Dake.

I'll add that it was still one of the bests matches I've seen live.

More action at :32 than the entire match.

Thanks. That was a reminder of how Taylor was holding onto Dake's hands to slow down the action.

I remember talking to one of our former Team USA members who told of how when he'd wrestle the Iranians, they'd lock fingers and the Iranian would squeeze his fingers together and then shake his hand making it appear like he was holding the fingers and being passive -- and they'd get some calls.

Is Dake that crazy like a fox smart? Maybe.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the jumbotron video is flo's cast. That might be fox sport's.

Needless to say. I can't wait to see that highlight in HD.

Wait a minute. After reviewing the tape, several times right around :32 mark. Maybe like 7-8 times I reviewed it with a pause.. I realized that the person videotaping the jumbotron is the one who panned the crowd before practically freezing around that single spectacular highlight, AND that highlight was NOT on the jumbotron.

Carry on.

I remember talking to one of our former Team USA members who told of how when he'd wrestle the Iranians, they'd lock fingers and the Iranian would squeeze his fingers together and then shake his hand making it appear like he was holding the fingers and being passive -- and they'd get some calls.

This has become a common game on the international level. Lock fingers to stall, but constantly fake like your opponent is doing it and look frustrated. Those guys can stall with the best of them. And in response to that, you now have FILA refs grabbing wrists and slapping guys hands anytime you grab wrist or hand control. In fact, Burroughs had to wrestle his opponent and the ref during several of his matches at the Olympics.