Sign in to follow this  
MA_Wrestler

Team point question for today

I'm assuming all three teams win their 7th place match, so that all cancels out.

Penn State and Minnesota will both potentially win between 2 and 4 or even 5 more matches in today's consis, so I expect them to pull away from Ok State and make it impossible for them to win tonight short of winning all 4 Championship matches.

Yes. Semi con winners will get 3 placement points, for going from no worse than 6th place to no worse than 4th place (6 placement points for 6th, 9 placement points for 4h) and they will also get .5 points for advancing in the consy bracket. There is no .5 advancement point in their final match.

Wrestlers who advance to the consi finals get 0.5 advancment points. Those are the only advancement points left in the tournament.

Placement points are:

1st place: 16 points

2nd place: 12 points

3rd place: 10 points

4th place: 9 points

5th place: 7 points

6th place: 6 points

7th place: 4 points

8th place: 3 points

Wrestlers are awarded the minimum placement points they will earn as the tournament progresses. Thus, a winner of the consi semis gets 3.5 points(as gimpletef said)

In addition to that, the 3rd, 5th and 7th place winners get 1 point each.

I'm assuming all three teams win their 7th place match, so that all cancels out.

Penn State and Minnesota will both potentially win between 2 and 4 or even 5 more matches in today's consis, so I expect them to pull away from Ok State and make it impossible for them to win tonight short of winning all 4 Championship matches.

Basically. And the chances of Caldwell beating Taylor are, ummm...