Sign in to follow this  
judaspriest

Hartmann from Duke

I am pretty impressed with this kid. Came out of nowhere, looks like a 174 lber, shockingly smaller than his opponents, wears the silly thermal underware and yet he took down Burak and put up quite a fight with Schiller.

Pretty impressive, but how come he is wrestling 197 - he looks totally undersized.

According to his bio, he was only 17 when he graduated HS. It seems like a lot of those types really blossom in college where you see a lot of the 19 year old seniors not live up to their perceived potential once they started wrestling guys as strong as they are.

The black shirt is slimming, but... looks like 174?? What?

He is not quite J'Den Cox or Nick Helfin, but he's hardly 23 lbs too small. He looked less undersized than Morgan McInosh does to me.

Anyway, Hartmann was one of the highlights of the tournament for me. Loved watching him AA. He really did give Schiller a very good match too.

When was the last time Duke had an AA?

He is not quite J'Den Cox or Nick Helfin, but he's hardly 23 lbs too small. He looked less undersized than Morgan McInosh does to me.

If you look at his matches, he looks both shorter and less ripped and not particularly wide either, so definitely looks notably smaller. But did the job admiringly, good for Duke!

Anyway, Hartmann was one of the highlights of the tournament for me. Loved watching him AA. He really did give Schiller a very good match too.

When was the last time Duke had an AA?

Dudziak was the last AA in 2010. He's a lean 197, but I'd agree he is bigger than McIntosh