Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Wrestlers eating at the buffet right now?

How much over 190 do you think Chris Perry will be tonight? I will never be able to understand how he makes 174. He looks massive. He literally makes everyone he wrestles look like they are bumping up from 165.

Believe it or not, he doesn't cut that much weight.

Dieringer is the one who cuts the most this year at OSU.

How much over 190 do you think Chris Perry will be tonight? I will never be able to understand how he makes 174. He looks massive. He literally makes everyone he wrestles look like they are bumping up from 165.

He started at 184, wrestling 189 in High School. How is that possible? Does he have that low of bone density? Muscle weighs more than fat and he is neither short nor fat. I would love to talk to his nutritionist because he seems to win by simply being that much stronger than his opponents. If he is that big and strong and doesn't cut much weight ALL of DI needs to have a chat with him and find out what he is doing to make it happen.

Dieringer may be over 170 tonight for real.

He started at 184, wrestling 189 in High School. How is that possible? Does he have that low of bone density? Muscle weighs more than fat and he is neither short nor fat. I would love to talk to his nutritionist because he seems to win by simply being that much stronger than his opponents. If he is that big and strong and doesn't cut much weight ALL of DI needs to have a chat with him and find out what he is doing to make it happen.

Evans wrestled 189 as a senior a Blair... then he made the drop to 165 in his RS frosh season (and part of his soph).

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-w ... 17946.html

You said Perry makes literally everyone else look like they're bumping up from 165. Evans wrestled 189 in HS. Esposito wrestled 152 in HS and then as a true freshman wrestled 141. Next year, the best wrestler in HS will be wrestling 23 lbs lighter than his HS weight for tOSU, at 197. It happens.

Again choose to believe what you will, but he does not cut nearly as much as you think he does. If you have a chance to talk to him or any of his team mates at an event, ask, and you will be surprised. Or if you have Flo Pro, watch The Program, where he is featured. He specifically states that he "does not cut much weight", to the point that he and Blake Rosholt, who also does not cut much, "normally can go eat whatever [they] want."

Dieringer, on the other hand, will absolutely be the first finalist in line at the buffet once weigh-ins are over and begin eating his way up to 165 next year.

Steinhaus and St John...who else?

Steinhaus was a middle weight in high school finishing at 160, now he was simply an overgrown 184 trying to suck down from 197.

Buffet battle between Steinhaus, St. John, Clark dieringer and Tyler stalledwell

Dieringer may be over 170 tonight for real.

That's not saying much? Weigh in should be 159 or 60 for day 3. I used to put on 15-18 pounds in one day after weigh ins and I was a 150.

Weren't you sluggish after gaining so much?

We used to do some night before weigh ins, so I had about 12-14 hours. I felt good after gaining that much weight. On 1-2 hour weigh ins, I could put on about 5-6 pounds before I wrestled, about 90% of it water weight, it never bothered me or made me any slower than I already was.

I bet Stieber weighs close to 160 tonight.