Sign in to follow this  
Voice_of_the_Quakers

Howe

I' ll give you that he was better as a sophomore, but explain how he was better as a freshman.

He wasn't better, he's just the same. I remember posting after the King match he lost in the finals- great hands but no angles. Snap Perry to his knees, and still stay fore head to fore head? A+ for hands/head, B and C for all the other skills.

Howe would have gotten pinned in the finals at 165 this year. That's why he went up, just like at the end of this season when he dodged the big matches. I want to ask one final time on here (SUPEROLD) why all the nut sack swinging on Howe? Totally overrated. All you Howe worshippers/muppets can all go get bent now! I love it. I am not done with you yet either Superold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howe would have gotten pinned in the finals at 165 this year. That's why he went up, just like at the end of this season when he dodged the big matches. I want to ask one final time on here (SUPEROLD) why all the nut sack swinging on Howe? Totally overrated. All you Howe worshippers/muppets can all go get bent now! I love it. I am not done with you yet either Superold.

No Howe.would not have been pinned. You are ridiculous if you think that. If Taylor felt he could pin Howe, he would have gone 74. Taylors a great wrestler, but not unstoppable. Howe being a 1xer, 2 x runner up, and one 3rd where he had an injury that would have ended most people's season. Howe lost in the finals to a two timer. Idk if Howe could handle the cut all year round, and besides, he went for the harder weight. Taylor should a followed him.

No Howe.would not have been pinned. You are ridiculous if you think that. If Taylor felt he could pin Howe, he would have gone 74. Taylors a great wrestler, but not unstoppable. Howe being a 1xer, 2 x runner up, and one 3rd where he had an injury that would have ended most people's season. Howe lost in the finals to a two timer. Idk if Howe could handle the cut all year round, and besides, he went for the harder weight. Taylor should a followed him.

I agree Taylor would not pin Howe, but considering the team implications, I doubt Taylor could have had much say in what weight class he went. Brown isn't making 165 anytime soon.

You do realize you don't have to respond to a ridiculous post with an even more ridiculous post of your own?

No, Taylor wouldn't pin Howe. Howe didn't "go for the harder weight," he wrestled where he fit and thought he had the best chance to win a title. Why the hell should Taylor "follow him"? To make his team lose the title race?

Why does this thread even exist? Instead of toasting what was an amazing career for both Perry and Howe, we're throwing dirt on a guy that gave it his all, worked harder than just about every person in the country to make his way back from several injuries that would devastate most people, and came up a bit short in the NCAA FINALS in his senior season?

Hats off to Howe.

Come on Howe is not over rated 2,1 3 2 in NCAA championships he is a stud he lost to a tough Perry no shame there.

You do realize you don't have to respond to a ridiculous post with an even more ridiculous post of your own?

No, Taylor wouldn't pin Howe. Howe didn't "go for the harder weight," he wrestled where he fit and thought he had the best chance to win a title. Why the hell should Taylor "follow him"? To make his team lose the title race?

Why does this thread even exist? Instead of toasting what was an amazing career for both Perry and Howe, we're throwing dirt on a guy that gave it his all, worked harder than just about every person in the country to make his way back from several injuries that would devastate most people, and came up a bit short in the NCAA FINALS in his senior season?

Hats off to Howe.

That was to get the point across about how ridiculous his post was. Like I said, idk if Howe could have handled the weight cut. Honestly I don't think he could have all year. Like I said Perry is a two timer, Howe lost to a returning ncaa national champ, not some scrub. My apologies for not going about my post the way you approve.

I'm loving how a guy that finishes his career 2,1,3,2 is somehow overrated. LOL WOW!!!! Some people say the most ridiculous crap on here sometimes. Such stupid comments like this and Nelson being the worst 2x'er ever and my all-time favorite is Jake Rosholt being the worst 3x'er ever.

I would kill to have these "overrated" resumes.

Perry impressed me. I expected Howe to win a close, controlled, blue collar type of match but Perry took it right to him. The powerful ride was impressive. Perry is a monster.

Perry somehow woke up after that stalling call and went after it. I don't think Howe expected that to happen and it caught him completely off guard resulting in Perry taking the match over. As someone said someplace on the board the stalling call may have been the best think to happen to Perry because it caused it gave him a second to realize what he needed to do, and what his coaches had told him to do if he wanted to win the match.

Howe: True Freshman 2nd, True Sophomore 1st, True Junior 3rd (dealing with a hampering injury the last part of the season), and Redshirt Senior 2nd (to the defending national champion). Not to mention giving the worlds top international wrestler Burroughs some of the closest competition of anyone during this same times period. I wish I was was that over rated.

You can absolutely go 2-1-3-2 and be overrated. Being overrated means you were EXPECTED to accomplish more than you actually did. Regardless of who he faced most people believe that Howe was hands down going to win the NCAA title. Most people didn't give Perry Much a chance of repeating. I think Howe wrestled terribly flat and Perry took full advantage. Personally I was pretty shocked not only that Howe lost.. But also how the match wasn't even close!