Sign in to follow this  
Voice_of_the_Quakers

Howe

Howe absolutely is a stud, but being a stud and being over rated are two completely different things.

My overrated comment was explaining the flaw the the argument that because Howe was 2-1-3-2 he can't possibly be overrated. If Someone was expected to be a 4 time champion and he comes out with 4 runner up finishes you agree that they were overrated?

IMO I don't think Howe was overrated. I think if Howe and Perry wrestled 10 times.. Howe wins 8 of them. With that said, hats off to Perry for winning when it counted most.

Howe absolutely is a stud, but being a stud and being over rated are two completely different things.

My overrated comment was explaining the flaw the the argument that because Howe was 2-1-3-2 he can't possibly be overrated. If Someone was expected to be a 4 time champion and he comes out with 4 runner up finishes you agree that they were overrated?

IMO I don't think Howe was overrated. I think if Howe and Perry wrestled 10 times.. Howe wins 8 of them. With that said, hats off to Perry for winning when it counted most.

What did you see in that Finals match which indicated that Howe would win 80% of their matches?

I'm loving how a guy that finishes his career 2,1,3,2 is somehow overrated. LOL WOW!!!! Some people say the most ridiculous crap on here sometimes. Such stupid comments like this and Nelson being the worst 2x'er ever and my all-time favorite is Jake Rosholt being the worst 3x'er ever.

I would kill to have these "overrated" resumes.

wait....I thought Johnny Thompson was the worst 2 timer?

What did you see in that Finals match which indicated that Howe would win 80% of their matches?

In the NCAA final? Nothing. In the previous 2 times they wrestled this season? A whole lot!

Howe IMO was screwed over in the conference finals.

Again I state IMO which stands for IN MY OPINION, Howe wins 8/10 times. That being said Perry showed up to wrestle and Howe didn't! Perry got the job done Howe didn't! And like I said earlier Howe looked TERRIBLY flat.

This is my opinion. Agree or disagree it doesn't matter. It's just an opinion!

I think Howe's conference finals loss was officiated poorly.

But then NCAA's happen and I think Perry flat out decisively beat Howe in the Championship final. I was actually quite surprised that Howe could not fire off a real quality shot in that match. All straight ahead and no angles. Shocked me a little.

They wrestled 3 times this year with Howe winning only 1 of the 3, by your estimation of Howe winning 8/10 matches, Howe would have to beat Perry 7 times in a row. Not impossible, but not probable. Perry's ride on top against Brown last year, Evans this year and how was incredible. Like it or not, how he did it, they didn't get out.

All that being said, Perry was still pinned by Evans.

Howe would have gotten pinned in the finals at 165 this year. That's why he went up, just like at the end of this season when he dodged the big matches. I want to ask one final time on here (SUPEROLD) why all the nut sack swinging on Howe? Totally overrated. All you Howe worshippers/muppets can all go get bent now! I love it. I am not done with you yet either Superold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you have me confused with someone else Twosackjohn. I'm not sure what you're talking about. Could you elaborate? I've consistently said that if anyone beats Howe this year, it will be Perry. I also said that Perry was the most underrated wrestler in the country. I'm very curious as to why you're calling me out? I'm interested in hearing why "you're not done with me yet".

The wrestled 3 times this year with Howe winning only 1 of the 3, by your estimation of winning 8/10 matches Howe would have to beat Perry 7 times in a row, not impossible, but probable. Perry's ride on top against Brown last year, Evans this year and how was incredible. Like it or not, how he did it, they didn't get out.

The first match Howe won as decisive as possible for a 3-2 match. The second match was horribly officiated. Yes, if Perry wrestles like he did in the championship every match, it would be interesting. But with good officiating, imo it'd go in Howe's favor.

I could be mistaken... but I think that Howe was all over Perry's legs when he was behind in the Big XII finals match. I believe every one of his attacks came out of an underhook. The thing that I noticed during the NC match was that Perry MADE SURE not to give up any hooks. The one time I noticed he did they went out of bounds. Smith (from the corner) was signalling to Perry to crossblock the soon to come high c from the hook if there again. Perry was well prepared for that match and made some adjustments from neutral... whereas, to me anyway, it appeared that there were minor adjustments made from Howe for that match.

Of course, we are talking about two BIG TIME STUDS! I'm glad that we were able to see two wrestlers of such high quality at the same weight in the finals... Good for all of us spectators IMO.

Chris Perry attacked from neutral for the first time. One other thing, not to take anything away from Chris is the weigh-in times. In the dual meet it was a 2 hour weigh-in. In the Big 12 it was a morning weigh-in, but at 174. For the NCAA finals the weigh-ins were in the morning at the same time as the medal match wrestlers and at 176 because of it being the 3rd day. I think Howe couldn't tire Perry out as he had in the other two matches, and because Perry wasn't cutting as much weight to make 176 and had recovery time he had more energy and had no problem attacking in this match. Howe's strategy was to wrestle on his feet, but he never got close to a takedown.

Andrew has shown the OU wrestlers how hard you can work, and hopefully it will result in a cultural change in practice. Howe will be at OU in the Sooner Freestyle Club. He and Chris Perry will be at different weights in international freestyle. Howe won't have any problem with making 163 with the night before weigh-ins. For Chris, I hope they have a weight somewhere around 174-177 which I think would be his ideal weight. I know all of the Smiths and Perrys, and Lee Roy is a close friend. I've gotten to know the Howe's and it is a very nice family. Hopefully they'll both make the world team down the road, but Andrew has the tougher road with Burroughs, Dake, and Taylor at the same weight class.