Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2017

Delgado

You can't help but think about what a guy could do if he gets in on a shot to avoid the scramble. I think Koll eluded to it ... but easier said than done. It's like you have to hit a double and immediately go a body lock before he can get off to the side to look for a leg to roll through w/.

Such garbage. An average wrestler uses junk move to beat a stud. Not a fan of his style at all. Appearently it is legal this year to pass the leg and peak out the back door.Reminds me of the Jordan Leen from Cornell a few years ago.

Delgado has heart and guts, I will give him that.

Sure doesn't translate to freestyle success though.

Delgado's style is pure folkstyle. Folkstyle is all about control, not exposure. In freestyle he'd lose half his matches by tech fall before the first scramble was finished.

Hate his style and anyone else that jumps into the legs and wrestles likes a couple of worms( Megaludos). But I guess this is what people think wrestling is all about? stalemate, stalling, stalemate all the same position? Even the commentators saying well the first time is a stalement the second time will be a stall? Don't blame the wrestlers but the refs. Killing our sport.

I respect the heck out of his ability to scramble to save himself from being takendown. However, I;d be a little more up on him if he would do more to convert those scrambles into his own takedowns. I know he does occasionally, but usually taking a stalemate is par for the course for him against tough opponents.

I love the way he wrestles. I'd say he demonstrates the refreshing course that wrestling is going. It is asinine to reward only one style of wrestling...moving forward. Many fans obviously believe that driving forward is more risky than shooting a legitimate shot. Guy takes more shots, finishes the ones he gets, and gets booed for not doing the mistake of past generations. Yes you heard it here first. Some of you need to get over it. There's a chance to win these days without having the biggest set of hoo haas. Strategy can be developed to truly counter any technique out there. If you can win like Tony Ramos, win like him, if you can win like Tony Nelson, win like him, but for goodness sake, Delgado is a freakin stud and a half. Well spoken, intelligent, incredibly talented. If I could design a champion, he would be of a more chess player than cave man. I wouldn't trade many for this kid.

has an unbreakable defense

Except the Garrett did it at least 1.8x. I don't see any way the first shot/scramble was not a TD. There was still 6:30 minutes of wrestling after that so it didn't determine that match, but, seriously, how was that not a TD?

Compare that call to Colon vs Graff. Delgado's grab of the leg was way after what Colon did and he gave up 2+2 which really did decide the match.

I'm not a Delgado fan, but to call him an average wrestler is just stupid.

Also I wouldn't call funk rolls junk moves.

It's a joke. Referencing a post from earlier. I'm just having a little fun here in my misery :cry:

I laughed...Good one! Maybe the secret to beating Delgado would be for each team to recruit a kid like Robles! :?