Sign in to follow this  
steamboat_charlie

Cox vs. Heflin

I'm not a fan of stall calls in general but since they're part of the rules, it was something of which Heflin had to be aware. He got hit and the call was justifiable.

I would prefer that this match had a twist like Hvy where Gwiz was given an opportunity to get a winning TD and did it.

Example: Instead of a second stall call, why not make it a "passivity" call and give Cox his choice of positions. If he takes down and gets out, he gets 1. Then he has earned the point.

Stalling is not only this sport's biggest problem, it's also not well-defined, nor extensivelyly defined. Walking straight back and oob is not called? Taking a knee (marriage proposal) is not an attempt to eat up the clock? Head in chest in neutral for more than 5 secs? The match is only 7 minutes!

Refs need every year to watch a well-defined stalling video, take a test and all get on the same page. Enforcing the law, they're like cops, they stick together. But if international rules prove to be worthy (IF they work well enough) then it may be time to go to a modified push out rule, such as.. 'can't punish the aggressive shot.' This rule is still in its infancy, but as a pure experiment it'll be great to see if there's more plus than minus, that is, if wrestlers really wrestle inward. There's just too much backing away and playing the edge that I feel is irking fans who can see the obvious but the refs for some reason are chickening out. (They, too, need leadership to break the ice.)

I don't want to see the wrong guy win, but when there's a fire on the 2nd floor and only one way out, you jump through the window. What's more important, fearing a questionable victory or making every wrestler- and the whole sport- JUMP?