Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

Cael is a class act...

...no snark intended. Stay tuned.

What did you think of Cael before the NCAAs SHP?

I didn't have a problem with him. I may have had some disagreements with him, but my biggest problem was simply that I didn't understand him. I've generally respected him as a person.

So his status as a "class act" in your opinion, was questionable before you talked to him recently?

What did you think of Cael before the NCAAs SHP?

I didn't have a problem with him. I may have had some disagreements with him, but my biggest problem was simply that I didn't understand him. I've generally respected him as a person.

So his status as a "class act" in your opinion, was questionable before you talked to him recently?

Only insomuch as anybody's status as a "class act" that I'm meeting or seeing (off the mat, not on it) for the first time is questionable.

Only insomuch as anybody's status as a "class act" that I'm meeting or seeing (off the mat, not on it) for the first time is questionable.

I see. Thanks for the kind response. It's becoming very hard to get one of those around here. SHP, expect a PM before the day is up.

This thread blows. I was figuring Cael would have donated a kidney to a dying child right after the award ceremony. But this is what we got?!? Geez! I hate to see what people would think if he like, recycled plastic bottles or volunteered at a homeless shelter. He would be given a Nobel prize or something.....

Not sure what this thread is about.

Cael is awesome and gets his team to win and have fun (a ton of fun) while at it. I only wish that that whole story about his brother getting Bubba's starting spot despite obviously being less capable didn't sour his record just ever so slightly. He's been a stud otherwise.

You guys are being a little over the top critical. I understand that it was blown up a bit because SHP was cryptic, but seeing as the matter was medical in nature, it kind of had to be cryptic. It was a great thing for Cael to do, even though yes, I'm sure many/most other coaches would also do it. That doesn't make it not a great thing to do. I do love some folks saying that most other coaches would NOT do it, as if they had some way of knowing that. It was a decent, human thing to do from a decent, human man.

I'm sure if they were permitted to do so, WildTurkey44, Red Blades, IRTYTKY, scribe, & BRGuy would all applaud Cael for this wonderful display of compassion for one if his athletes.

:lol: cleaning coffee off of my keyboard...

Ha! Ha! I can envision the Tiger relaxing with the last laugh...must look something like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-Lqa0N4dnp7PX7nYkH3WE_xiQV1hInlxs5eyOAz2sLk7nxZNnQQ

While I do think what Cael did was pretty cool I would have expected nothing less from him. Although Iike many other posters I do believe based on what I have heard that most head coaches would have stayed behind with Nico. What is lost in this whole discussion is Nico's ability to wrestle with badly bruised ribs which based on reports happened during the Clark match(his next to last match) and come back with 2 huge wins for the Team. And from reports Nico never even told the coaches or anyone about the injury....but again seeing Nico wrestle for the last 3 years I am not surprised by this. A clever post was made on the penn state boards describing the injury "Nico's heart was too big for his rib cage". I read that and got chills....talk about mental toughness and sacrifice!!

A clever post was made on the penn state boards describing the injury "Nico's heart was too big for his rib cage". I read that and got chills....talk about mental toughness and sacrifice!!

You really got chills Sally?