Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

David Taylor; What Have You Won?

Our dear departed Scribe liked to chide PSU fans with this question during Taylor's Sophomore season so now seems like a great time to give a complete answer.

2x National Champion (4x finalist)

4x Big Ten Champion

3x Scuffle Champion (4x finalist)

3x Nittany Lion Open Champion/1x Binghamton Open Champion

2(?) Hodge Trophies

2 NCAA OWs

2 NCAA Most Dominate Wrestler Awards

With the way DT finished, I think even Scribe and redblades would agree he has surpased Dake and it's fortunate he graduated last season. You guys can confirm this by not responding. ;)

I remember back in 2009 someone on this board swore up and down that Taylor was going to be too small and not strong enough to have any success at 149lbs (his redshirt year) and that he was totally going to wash out... I totally forget his username but I wonder what he has to say now...

I remember back in 2009 someone on this board swore up and down that Taylor was going to be too small and not strong enough to have any success at 149lbs (his redshirt year) and that he was totally going to wash out... I totally forget his username but I wonder what he has to say now...

I have to congratulate Flying-Tiger for playing Scribe like a fiddle. You out foxed him, and out classed him with your wisdom and manipulating tone. The true believers that they are, allowed them to play a fools hand and fall right into your trap.

Well played FT, you finally got rid of the foolish posters on this board, at least for a month.

I heard it said about the foolish that it's sometimes better to remain silent than to open one's mouth and remove all shadow of doubt that they are so, foolish. Perhaps Scribe and the others that you so well beat down for a month will thank you for allowing them to practice the "wisdom of their own silence" because we all know that the less said from them, the better :)

I miss Marty aNd hIS rANsOm StYlE poSTS.

Love the post until the end. I'm sure the end was all in jest though. So I will avoid biting that hook.

David Taylor can put himself up there with the best of the best in NCAA wrestling. What a stud.

Dake's 5-0 record against Taylor (2012 Olympic Trials, 2012 NWCA All-Star, Scuffle final, NCAA final, 2013 WTT) is the only thing he has over David. Taylor's bonus point percentage is 91.2, Dake only won 58% of his matches by bonus. Taylor also scored more career points in the NCAA tournament, and won more conference titles.

Dake's 5-0 record against Taylor (2012 Olympic Trials, 2012 NWCA All-Star, Scuffle final, NCAA final, 2013 WTT) is the only thing he has over David. Taylor's bonus point percentage is 91.2, Dake only won 58% of his matches by bonus. Taylor also scored more career points in the NCAA tournament, and won more conference titles.

He also has those two extra national titles (done in one less year). That is kind of a big one.

As far as bonus point percentage and such, no one has ever debated which one was a bigger point scorer. Different styles yielded different outcomes. I would not say one is better than the other. Just different approaches to the same end goal.

Taylor and Ruth represent something that wrestling needs.

They don't just win. They win with aggressiveness and style. I am so tired of the low scoring OT ride out type of match that many of today's stars rely upon.

Dake beat Taylor. I get it, so you haters take a break. But Taylor was just way more fun to watch. Try to deny that. Dake was content with 2 point wins. Taylor wants to crush his opponent. As does Ruth.

And that's what wrestling needs. Scorers. Panache. We complain about the sport dying, but the very kids who may save the sport are the ones who draw cynical criticism from some on this site.

Tsirtsis has the potential to be a scoring machine, imo. But in his match he didn't turn it on until OT. If he can turn it on in the first period and maintain it throughout, we've got a winner.

I root against Nelson not because he's from Minny but because he's a bore to watch. One minute into his bouts I am nodding off.

If wrestling is to have a future outside of the community, i.e. if it is to develop a fan base, we need more Taylors and Steibers, guys who it is fun to watch.

Next year we have Marsteller and Snyder coming up. I'll say that if Marsteller translates his talent to the college level, he'll be as popular as Taylor is today. We NEED guys like him and Snyder to carry the baton.

Tighten up the stalling calls and open up the game. That's the way wrestling will survive.

Oh is that all? Other than being completely dominated head to head, he's better!

Other than the fact that Burroughs is a gold medalist, Taylor's on top of him too.

Taylor's terrific. I'd probably hold him in much higher esteem if I didn't have to listen to everyone here rationalize his performances. The performance stands on its own. Don't make him something he's not.

Even when Dake beat David 5-4 in the NCAA Tourney, Taylor STILL outscored him in team points for the Tournament. Taylor stands alone as the biggest continual bonus point scorer I have seen over the last 10 to 20 years.

No wonder the Young Guns want to be like Taylor.

Taylor and Ruth represent something that wrestling needs.

They don't just win. They win with aggressiveness and style. I am so tired of the low scoring OT ride out type of match that many of today's stars rely upon.

Dake beat Taylor. I get it, so you haters take a break. But Taylor was just way more fun to watch. Try to deny that. Dake was content with 2 point wins. Taylor wants to crush his opponent. As does Ruth.

And that's what wrestling needs. Scorers. Panache. We complain about the sport dying, but the very kids who may save the sport are the ones who draw cynical criticism from some on this site.

Tsirtsis has the potential to be a scoring machine, imo. But in his match he didn't turn it on until OT. If he can turn it on in the first period and maintain it throughout, we've got a winner.

I root against Nelson not because he's from Minny but because he's a bore to watch. One minute into his bouts I am nodding off.

If wrestling is to have a future outside of the community, i.e. if it is to develop a fan base, we need more Taylors and Steibers, guys who it is fun to watch.

Next year we have Marsteller and Snyder coming up. I'll say that if Marsteller translates his talent to the college level, he'll be as popular as Taylor is today. We NEED guys like him and Snyder to carry the baton.

Tighten up the stalling calls and open up the game. That's the way wrestling will survive.

Yep. More Chance, more Kyle, more BoJo, and more David Taylors are needed. This is what the Young Guns want to see.