Sign in to follow this  
Mat_Mopper

Stalemate vs. Stalling

Never in my life saw stalemate calls applied as a pre-warning for stalling like this weekend. Was especially true in ride outs- stalemates called at 0:23! Plus I thought hanging on the ankle was a very specifically stated call for stalling, yet i saw it called first as a stalemate- why?

Is this a rule? Did anyone else feel confused by the refs handling of stalemate stalling? Lastly and most importantly how does the ankle ride issue get fixed?

PS I hate replay in this tourney and thought three reviews in the first period of 125 was an embarrassment to the integrity of our sport.

Edit: I should note that the finals stall calls were great and much improved from the rest of the tourney.

Never in my life saw stalemate calls applied as a pre-warning for stalling like this weekend. Was especially true in ride outs- stalemates called at 0:23! Plus I thought hanging on the ankle was a very specifically stated call for stalling, yet i saw it called first as a stalemate- why?

Is this a rule? Did anyone else feel confused by the refs handling of stalemate stalling? Lastly and most importantly how does the ankle ride issue get fixed?

PS I hate replay in this tourney and thought three reviews in the first period of 125 was an embarrassment to the integrity of our sport.

Rideouts are different, yes.

Agree with you on the three reviews -- although I am OK with video review in general, for next season they need to think about making them a little more costly to use when the call is not overturned. The announcers were exactly correct with saying, "Hey, Cornell can't take the reviews home with them, might as well use them since it can't hurt and might help."

Agree with you on the three reviews -- although I am OK with video review in general, for next season they need to think about making them a little more costly to use when the call is not overturned. The announcers were exactly correct with saying, "Hey, Cornell can't take the reviews home with them, might as well use them since it can't hurt and might help."

Won't happen. This year is not a rulebook year.

Won't happen. This year is not a rulebook year.

Too bad. Well, maybe they can use the time to hash out some alternatives so that a good solution will be teed up for the year after.