Sign in to follow this  
wessegar

Ohio State Buckeyes 2015 National Champ Favorites?

125-Tomasello- AA

133- DiJulius- potential AA

141- L. Stieber- 4 timer, National Champ

149- H. Stieber- AA lock, potential National Champ

157- M. Jordan?

165- Bo Jordan- AA lock, potential National Champ

174- Mike Martin- potential AA

184- Kenny Courts- potential AA

197- Kyle Snyder -AA

Heavy- Nick Tavanello

OSU sacrificed a year for this...

tOSU team next season looks tough to beat, especially with Iowa, Minnie, Okla State and Penn State all taking a hit. It's the perfect storm in a good way for tOSU. tOSU looks like the only top team that will be stronger while all the other top teams are looking weaker next season. Even UNI will be taking a hit. I think the teams that will benefit and compete stronger will be teams like Iowa State and Cornell. Cornell has a lot of young studs.

tOSU team next season looks tough to beat, especially with Iowa, Minnie, Okla State and Penn State all taking a hit. It's the perfect storm in a good way for tOSU. tOSU looks like the only top team that will be stronger while all the other top teams are looking weaker next season. Even UNI will be taking a hit. I think the teams that will benefit and compete stronger will be teams like Iowa State and Cornell. Cornell has a lot of young studs.

Iowa loses St. John, Ramos and Lofthouse.

OSU loses Caldwell, Morrison, Perry and Rosholt.

PSU loses Taylor and Ruth.

MINN loses Nelson, Steinhaus, Thorn and Zilverberg

tOSU loses Paddock, and Heflin but reloads much better than their losses.

Wow. Lots of "untested" in this lineup with a only two returning All-Americans.

I wonder if the 2 true freshman (Isaac Jordan and Kyle Snyder) and the two red-shirt freshman (Bo Jordan and Nate Tomasello) can fully live up to some really high expectations.

Isaac Jordan may get redshirted in favor of Demas.

In an earlier thread someone put Haines in there, but Tav did make the round of 12 at 285.

I wonder if the 2 true freshman (Isaac Jordan and Kyle Snyder) and the two red-shirt freshman (Bo Jordan and Nate Tomasello) can fully live up to some really high expectations.

In an earlier thread someone put Haines in there, but Tav did make the round of 12 at 285.

Steve, you wouldn't be trying to pull a banbasketball here and try to downplay expectations so as not to jinx tOSU, would you? :)

Steve, you wouldn't be trying to pull a banbasketball here and try to downplay expectations so as not to jinx tOSU, would you? :)

You would quote me, so I couldn't correct my Jordan error. Intentional? :D

You would quote me, so I couldn't correct my Jordan error. Intentional? :D

No, I didn't catch it either. Mine was a face value comment.

I just agree with the thread title - barring some 'mishaps' in the lineup I think they have to be the pre-season favorites.

Whoops...hooked on phonics failed me...just not deleting this post to not mess anything up later.

My thoughts exactly.

I would imagine Micah will be red-shirted. If you red-shirted Bo, why not Micah, who's not as old, or physically mature as Bo was?

Tavanello has heart, no doubt, but is more of a typical heavy, while Haines is in the mold of a Gwiz, IMO. If Tervel helped Gwiz. so much, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do w. Haines.

Kenny Courts, while undeniably talented, is a Grajales-clone, in the sense of Jim Gibbons' comment "He looks tired getting off the bus." He doesn't look very motivated to me.

Martin hasn't shown anything against top competition so far in the matches I've seen.

So, it's a mixed bag. It's definitely not like Minnesota this year, for example, where it was proven All-Americans all up and down the line-up.

I think tOSU is the team to beat, assuming that these redshirts live up to the hype. Bo Jordan could be the next David Taylor, and you need those kids who score bonus points consistently. Tomasello could be more of a question mark. 125 will be pretty stacked again next year, unless some of these kids bump up. I believe that all of the AA's return next year. Hunter Stieber is a definite AA, but I don't know that he is NC material. Courts is a question mark. Talented, but not a guaranteee. Snyder should be a rock at 197, but that weight will be stacked as well.

I am just bummed that we have to wait 9 months to find out!

Mizzou will have Cox and Houdeshelt back with Waters coming off redshirt. True freshman Lavalle made it to round of 12 i believe and freshmen scored points at 33 and 41. If J.C. national champ Leroy Barnes can come back from injury could be tough at 25. Add regular 84lber who injured shoulder 2 weeks before tourney and blue chip recruit Milkas and they stack up as a dark horse. As for tOSU they look super tough on paper(tougher than ever before) and they've had some Great recruits and tough lineups. But the one common denominator is their coaching staff, which on paper also looks great, but i don't know?

Mizzou will have Cox and Houdeshelt back with Waters coming off redshirt. True freshman Lavalle made it to round of 12 i believe and freshmen scored points at 33 and 41. If J.C. national champ Leroy Barnes can come back from injury could be tough at 25. Add regular 84lber who injured shoulder 2 weeks before tourney and blue chip recruit Milkas and they stack up as a dark horse. As for tOSU they look super tough on paper(tougher than ever before) and they've had some Great recruits and tough lineups. But the one common denominator is their coaching staff, which on paper also looks great, but i don't know?

some are confusing Micah and Isaac Jordan-- Isaac is congressmen Jim's son, AA'd for Wisconsin this weekend. Micah will be true freshman at Ohio st and will compete with Demas at 157. Micah will not RS if he is best at 157, he will wrestle.

my opinion: NO, (my alma mater) Ohio st Not the favorite at all in 2015. Gotta give edge to head coaches whove proven already they can win national titles, John Smith JRob, Cael, Tom Brands.

i have faith in Tom Ryan and i think buckeyes can win it in 2015, but that has to be proven. ...s/BobP

I've seen this speculation off and on over the course of the season and I just don't get it. How does a team with one national champ (Logan) and two AA's (baring injury or upset--yeah, THAT never happens) Hunter and Bo, win a team title? Tomasello--maybe AA but 125 is always loaded, DiJulius maybe AA, Courts maybe a low place and the rest of the line-up is holes and unprovens. And I'm a huge Buckeye fan.