Sign in to follow this  
wessegar

Ohio State Buckeyes 2015 National Champ Favorites?

I've seen this speculation off and on over the course of the season and I just don't get it. How does a team with one national champ (Logan) and two AA's (baring injury or upset--yeah, THAT never happens) Hunter and Bo, win a team title? Tomasello--maybe AA but 125 is always loaded, DiJulius maybe AA, Courts maybe a low place and the rest of the line-up is holes and unprovens. And I'm a huge Buckeye fan.

I guess the "unproven coaching staff" hasn't proven to win a national title, but I think they've proven plenty. From a glass half full perspective, there's lots of great competition, and the few teams at the top are really just that good.

As a Buckeye fan, I'm very optimistic about their chances next year.

As a fan of the sport, I'm looking forward to a tight battle throughout the season, and will be thrilled if tOSU can join the usual suspects. The more parity the better.

I've seen this speculation off and on over the course of the season and I just don't get it. How does a team with one national champ (Logan) and two AA's (baring injury or upset--yeah, THAT never happens) Hunter and Bo, win a team title? Tomasello--maybe AA but 125 is always loaded, DiJulius maybe AA, Courts maybe a low place and the rest of the line-up is holes and unprovens. And I'm a huge Buckeye fan.

King I don't know if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what, but first of all, what about Kyle Snyder? Two wins over J'Den Cox, Junior World Champ, goes even with Kilgore at the Olympic Training Center per Kilgore, doesn't he rate at least a projected All-American? Hunter and Bo are possible champs imo, Hunter was the #1 seed last year after all and stormed through the consis to 3rd after losing to Port. So that's four pretty much guaranteed All-Americans and possible champs (one virtual lock with a ton of bonus points in Logan). Then, you list three other guys as possible All-Americans, I'd agree with all three. So that's seven of ten that can AA. You say the rest are holes and unprovens? Who exactly are these "holes and unprovens"- Josh Demas and Nick Tavanello have both made the Round of 12, it would seem they are possible All-Americans? Mark Martin was at least good enough to get the #15 seed, that's the closest to an unproven I can think of, certainly not a "hole" though.

I think you also need to keep in mind, nobody is going to have quite the firepower they top teams had this year. PSU is a powerhouse no question, but you are not going to replace the points of David Taylor and Ed Ruth.

I think the Bucks have a lot of potential but plenty to prove. Guys like Courts and Demas have to show they have the heart while guys like DiJulius, Tavanello and Martin have the heart but need to get better.

Logan, Hunter, BoJo, Tomasello and Snyder will be the heart of the team.

Also, I wouldn't sleep on Cornell. Garrett, Grey, Realbuto, Palacio and Dean among others. And Koll always has talent in the wings.

king82- If all you see is 1 possible champ and 2 aa's in that lineup, then Im not sure if its even worth explaining...

perception is interesting... you see that... I see 1 national champ lock (stieber), 2 more national title contenders (Hunter, Bo)...4 more potential AA's (Dijuilius, Demas, Martin, Courts)....and a mystery man (snyder) who should AA and contend for a title.

w.s

king82- If all you see is 1 possible champ and 2 aa's in that lineup, then Im not sure if its even worth explaining...

perception is interesting... you see that... I see 1 national champ lock (stieber), 2 more national title contenders (Hunter, Bo)...4 more potential AA's (Dijuilius, Demas, Martin, Courts)....and a mystery man (snyder) who should AA and contend for a title.

w.s

125 returns all 8 AAs, 197 6/8, and 165 4/8 with a likely influx of wrestlers, including Dieringer, dropping down and moving up now that Taylor is gone. Good luck to your freshman sure things.

Coon was one too, until he wasn't.

The only thing stopping Bo Jordan is injury, because now that Taylor and Caldwell are gone, there isn't a 165 that can touch him.

Logan is gonna win his 4th most likely.

I would probably put Hunter on the short list of favorites to win 149 with Tsirtsis and Houdashelt.

Tomasello is going to make an immediate impact, and I expect a mid-AA out of him at least.

Snyder should be an immediate title contender. Especially if Cox can come in and be a champ, Kyle Snyder can too. I won't be surprised if by mid-season he is the title favorite.

Courts blows.

If Micah Jordan can beat Demas out, then you don't RS him. This is the year you push for a team title, you field the best team possible.

Johnny DiJulius is a solid AA contender now that the weight has cleared out. Dark horse finalist is possible really, but mid AA is more accurate.

Martin is a solid guy, but will never AA.

The only thing stopping Bo Jordan is injury, because now that Taylor and Caldwell are gone, there isn't a 165 that can touch him.

Dierenger is going 165 and is a stud in his own right. I also wonder if James Green may bump, although it seems he is a small 157? If he went up, he would blast Bo.

Green and Stieber will battle next year for the OW in my opinion.

Dierenger is going 165 and is a stud in his own right. I also wonder if James Green may bump, although it seems he is a small 157? If he went up, he would blast Bo.

Green and Stieber will battle next year for the OW in my opinion.

Not how I want it to go, but I can't stomach tOSU National Championship toxins spreading from the football team:

125 Tomasello comes out like a pit bull wins early is ranked high hits B1G season wears down low seed juuust misses placing.

133 DiJulius is DiJulius is DiJulius. no AA for him. maybe as a sixth-year senior because everybody wants it for him so bad.

141 Logan Stieber National Champion

149 Hunter AA

157 Demas Too few wins vs. ranked opponents outside looking in--at the AA's. See DiJulius.

165 Bo National Champion

174 MMartin only if being a nice wrestler means you get to AA

184 Courts settles into the food court goom-bye!

197 Snyder Cody Gardner or J'Den Cox. Who knows?

285 Tavanello there is a wall at the round of 12 that some wrestlers, although able to approach, will never be able to scale. Tavanello is one such wrestler. Also too, Demas.

I know with the end of the season that it's tough to watch the rope pulled up and the trap door shut and have to slobber in the dark waiting for football season but get away from the wrestling team with your speculative botulism.

Not how I want it to go, but I can't stomach tOSU National Championship toxins spreading from the football team:

125 Tomasello comes out like a pit bull wins early is ranked high hits B1G season wears down low seed juuust misses placing.

133 DiJulius is DiJulius is DiJulius. no AA for him. maybe as a sixth-year senior because everybody wants it for him so bad.

141 Logan Stieber National Champion

149 Hunter AA

157 Demas Too few wins vs. ranked opponents outside looking in--at the AA's. See DiJulius.

165 Bo National Champion

174 MMartin only if being a nice wrestler means you get to AA

184 Courts settles into the food court goom-bye!

197 Snyder Cody Gardner or J'Den Cox. Who knows?

285 Tavanello there is a wall at the round of 12 that some wrestlers, although able to approach, will never be able to scale. Tavanello is one such wrestler. Also too, Demas.

I know with the end of the season that it's tough to watch the rope pulled up and the trap door shut and have to slobber in the dark waiting for football season but get away from the wrestling team with your speculative botulism.

On paper I think OSU may be the favorite

Tomasello- AA if dance can do it Tomasello can

Dijulious-Low AA

Steiber- Champ

Steiber- Mid AA 3-6 range

Demas- few if any team points

BO jo- Champ

Martin few if any team points

Courts-Round of 12

Snyder Mid AA

Tavanello-Round of 12

On paper they will be tough but I think PSU MINN and OKS may have something to say about all this.

Bojo is not beating Dierenger next year. And whoever asked about Marstellar.. I think Marstellar could win a 1 pd match but that's about it. Marstellar seems to have issues late in matches (during a 6 min high school match). No mopped Cody W. That was impressive.

Ohio State fans,

Please learn from your mistakes (remember Sponseller?) and the mistakes of others. Don't start hyping Jordan as the "next big thing". Nothing wrong with being a fan, but let him go out and prove himself on the mat before you start coming on forums and calling for him to dominate the likes of Dierenger or anyone else.

This Ohio State team looks good, very good. The mix of proven veterans and young talent is impressive and there looks to be a real opportunity to do something special. Don't creat a legion of haters because your team looks like it might be able to make a run. I know it's hard, but (at least on the National forums) try to let the team's wrestling speak for itself.

I fully expect to be ignored.

Bo Jordan is a great wrestler, but if anyone thinks he's going to Waltz to a national championship they will be in for a rude awakening. Bo is going to be one of those wrestlers who wrestles tight matches against top competition and you can't win every match when you are wrsetling with razor thin margins.

Bojo is not beating Dierenger next year. And whoever asked about Marstellar.. I think Marstellar could win a 1 pd match but that's about it. Marstellar seems to have issues late in matches (during a 6 min high school match). Bo mopped Cody W. That was impressive.

Bojo is not beating Dierenger next year. And whoever asked about Marstellar.. I think Marstellar could win a 1 pd match but that's about it. Marstellar seems to have issues late in matches (during a 6 min high school match). No mopped Cody W. That was impressive.

NJDan. no, Bo Jo has never wrestled Chance Marstellar. The Jordans all wrestle in Walsh Ironman where basically you get a great field with lots of top guys, but I don't believe they have done the Fargo, Super 32, or other national events that Marstellar has wrestled in and they just have never crossed paths.

Marstellar is a stud. If he is healthy he will be right in the title mix from day 1. The same obviously goes for Bo Jordan. Different styles, but both of them are hammers. I don't even know why Chance has detractors here after all he has done.

Bojo is not beating Dierenger next year. And whoever asked about Marstellar.. I think Marstellar could win a 1 pd match but that's about it. Marstellar seems to have issues late in matches (during a 6 min high school match). Bo mopped Cody W. That was impressive.

BoJo is not beating Dieringer? Didn't we just have a season where two of the all time greats, Ruth and Stieber, lost to true frosh? Much respect for Dieringer but I think we should let this one play out.