Sign in to follow this  
PhiferFuqua

All-time tourney point scorers

I believe Stieber scored 26, so that would put him at 103.5.  Stieber was hurt by having to wrestle 3 of his 4 years with the rule change for 1st round advancement points.  They used to give 2 pts for the 1st round in the winners bracket and 1 point for the 1st round of the consi's.  That was done to offset the pigtail.  So tournament point scoring may be a bit skewed depending on how the 1st round was scored during each wrestler's time frame.

Bringing this thread back since we can add Logie's 104.5 to the all-time list. And to this fellow, yeah man you're totally right. Dan Gable and J Jaggers are equally as good. They have the same amount of titles, which is apparently all that matters.

Gable anf Jaggers wrestled each other in the NCAA finals!?  I didn't know that...

Bringing this thread back since we can add Logie's 104.5 to the all-time list. And to this fellow, yeah man you're totally right. Dan Gable and J Jaggers are equally as good. They have the same amount of titles, which is apparently all that matters.

Lol. Because that's the same comparison.

It's mind-boggling that people are still trying to defend the Taylor over Dake position.

Edited by VakAttack

These are four-time finalists (plus Ed Ruth) since 1975 with the career team points they scored in the NCAA tourney:

Cael Sanderson 107.5

Ed Banach 103.5

David Taylor 99

Pat Smith 99

Ed Ruth 94.5

Lincoln McIlravy 94

Kyle Dake 92

Steve Mocco 90

Daryl Burley 89.5

Ben Askern 87.5

Lee Kemp 86

Jake Varner 80.5

Mark Branch 79

Duane Goldman 78

Logan Stieber has 77.5 thru his junior year. If he matches this year's result next year, he'll move into 2nd all time with 104.

Hey Phifer! I'm late to this year's round of this thread, but was wondering if you might share your scoring sheet? Here's mine for Cael, Logie, Taylor, Ruth, Dake (and Q & Tank). Let me know if you see anything wrong pls. Thx.