Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Cornell incoming recruit .....

Cornell fans, I am assuming you may already know this, but if not then here is the story. Your incoming 145 recruit Joey Galasso was hospitalized in serious condition with a stab wound after an altercation in Philadelphia on Friday night. A group of 8 to 10 thugs attacked a smaller group of three very well respected kids including Joey and his cousin.

I don't know anything more than that he was listed in serious condition. My prayers are for a quick and speedy recovery.

Cornell fans, I am assuming you may already know this, but if not then here is the story. Your incoming 145 recruit Joey Galasso was hospitalized in serious condition with a stab wound after an altercation in Philadelphia on Friday night. A group of 8 to 10 thugs attacked a smaller group of three very well respected kids including Joey and his cousin.

I don't know anything more than that he was listed in serious condition. My prayers are for a quick and speedy recovery.

According to his twitter page (48 minutes ago) he "is going to be ok". The fact he is tweeting is a good sign. I don't know of many mortally wounded knife stabbing victims who are spending their time surfing the world wide web.

Update, Joey had a few stab wounds and a collapsed lung, but he is sitting up and doing pretty well right now. He is looking forward to leaving the hospital by Wed. or Thurs.

His cousin still needs prayers. He suffered 9 stab wounds and is headed back into surgery today. I read all of this on one of the PSU wrestling sites.

Just to clarify: the PSU poster TBar mentioned to is close to Galasso -- he is a coach at one of the top wrestling clubs in southeastern PA. Not just some board poster.

Two of the three victims are headed for a full recovery. That's not enough. Please keep James Galasso in your thoughts and prayers.