Sign in to follow this  
okiespike

Howe Rutt & Maple

In light of probably not finishing careers the way the hoped for what do these guys do as post grads? Wrestle internationally, MMA, coach or move on with their life? All three seem like top notch guys and I am curious if anyone know what direction they head in? i would assume Howe continues wrestling.

Howe is going to keep wrestling, according to Howe himself. Getting outwrestled in the NCAA finals by a guy of Perry's caliber does not change his prospects at 163 in freestyle one bit. He is going to be very competitive, and will probably push everyone with a legit shot of beating them except maybe Burroughs. He will be yet another stud in the most stacked stable of studs at a single weight that we've had in many years.

No idea what Rutt has planned.

I don't see Maple having a future in freestyle. With the new weights, i.e. 57 kg, then 65 kg, his weight will be jam-packed with studs a la 163. Coleman Scott, Reece Humphrey, Logan Stieber, Tyler Graff, and a bunch of other guys will be forced to move up to 65 kg (143 lb), although there will be 61 (134) in non-Olympic years, I suppose. Whatever he does, I agree with the observation that Maple needs some time away from wrestling. He looked like a zombie at NCAAs.