Sign in to follow this  
Northern_Fan

Flying Tiger and PA-Fan

Were are they??? So they can tell us we were right when we said Dake is better right now. I got to laugh at them since they were on some "magic potion" to think that Dake would get killed in Folkstyle,

If you guys can come clean I wont throw it in your face any more:lol:

Flying Tiger was prepared to eat a ton of crow and was throwing out $1000 bet offers on a message board like a real hard ass or something ignorant like that. Now nothing. All these guys had to say was Dake worked Taylor over like we've never seen and we're shocked but that Dake guy is a stud. Instead it was excuse after excuse after excuse. If I called them out on their excuses then I'm a PSU hater and a Taylor hater. There's a whole handful of them, it's not just Tigs, but he should at least come on here and eat his crow. I'm guessing he's thinking up a new batch of excuses. Maybe folkstyle wrestling doesn't count now. Maybe all star duals don't count. Who knows, he'll think of something. Several of his buddies have already started.

Were are they??? So they can tell us we were right when we said Dake is better right now. I got to laugh at them since they were on some "magic potion" to think that Dake would get killed in Folkstyle,

If you guys can come clean I wont throw it in your face any more:lol:

I met FT at the all star. I'm sure he'll be around. He's a nice fella for a PSU fan. I doubt he's running for cover. Probably just traveling back today?

Actually I think this match actually makes Dake fans who bashed Taylor look stupid. After the FS match, all I heard was Dake destroyed Taylor, he will dominate him in folk. Dake will crush Taylor either way. Dake Dake Dake, Taylor overrated this overrated that. Well Taylor more than proved he is on the same level as Dake in folk. He lost a toss up ride out match. He pushed the action, looked good, and more than capable of beating Dake. The people trashing Taylor stating Dake is on another level in Folk, actually need to eat crow as well.

Keep knocking Taylor! Hopefully picking on 20 year old kids and fans that support him make you feel better!!!!

FT and PA-F are 20 year olds?

You know what I am talking about Scribe, your at it again. Keep knocking 20 year old kids (Taylor) and his supporters!

Flying Tiger was prepared to eat a ton of crow and was throwing out $1000 bet offers on a message board like a real hard ass or something ignorant like that. Now nothing. All these guys had to say was Dake worked Taylor over like we've never seen and we're shocked but that Dake guy is a stud. Instead it was excuse after excuse after excuse. If I called them out on their excuses then I'm a PSU hater and a Taylor hater. There's a whole handful of them, it's not just Tigs, but he should at least come on here and eat his crow. I'm guessing he's thinking up a new batch of excuses. Maybe folkstyle wrestling doesn't count now. Maybe all star duals don't count. Who knows, he'll think of something. Several of his buddies have already started.

Yes. Excuses are piling up. I've seen a single congrats for a solid PSU fan and don't recall seeing anything else.

Here is a sampling of excuses for FT to select from:

-It's just an exhibition.

-Dake stalled his ass off.

-Close matches don't prove anything.

-This match didn't decide anything.

-Taylor LOOKED like the better wrestler and was in better condition

-Next time Taylor opens it up and wins comfortably. Hope the refs bang Dake for stalling.

-The Blue uniform wasn't dark enough.

I actually thought you had a little bit of credibility, I guess I was wrong. You look to be starting trouble and making up excuses. You can go ahead and check my track record, look at all my recent post and it'll speak for itself. It's quite funny that most of the feedback you are talking about is from neutral fans.

Those aren't things I wrote. Those are comments by obv PSU and PA fans.

I haven't said a single bad thing about Taylor personally. Never have and never will. We are talking about wrestling with other fans who also have strong opinions about the wrestling.

Yes. Excuses are piling up. I've seen a single congrats for a solid PSU fan and don't recall seeing anything else.

Here is a sampling of excuses for FT to select from:

-It's just an exhibition.

-Next time Taylor opens it up and wins comfortably. Hope the refs bang Dake for stalling.

-The Blue uniform wasn't dark enough.

It was an exhibition (is that debatable?), Most would agree neither wrestler created many offensive threats (Dake was banged for stalling), Close matches don't really prove anything, this match didn't really decide anything, that's an opinion not an excuse, pretty sure you combined some comments on that one (some sound like mine that were taken out of context), haha.

Those aren't things I wrote. Those are comments by obv PSU and PA fans.

I haven't said a single bad thing about Taylor personally. Never have and never will. We are talking about wrestling with other fans who also have strong opinions about the wrestling.

Your entitled to your opinion like the rest. Since the match, I have seen nothing but class from true PSU fans. Most of the feedback has come from neutral fans.

The points that you all copied aren't necessarily false either.

He didn't stall his ass off and maybe 1 poster said this that stated they were NOT a PSU fan. Most of what I have seen said that he provided very little to no offense. That is not false. It works - ok, we get it.

Dake is a master of close matches. Close matches almost ALWAYS favor him. It always will leave a door open though and someone with a master offense will always have a good chance. Last night was not an example.

It did. It proved Kyle Dake is the best this weight class has to offer until proven otherwise. It also proved the gap between one and 2 is minimal at best.

[highlight=#ffffff]This is not true to me. I didn't see much wrestling, most of what I seen was hand fighting and positioning.[/highlight]

Not true either. Not just in this match, but many matches I would like to see more and earlier stalling.

Here I am :D Busy day of sightseeing and travel; sorry I kept the lynch mob waiting.

First and Foremost, yes I was wrong in picking Taylor (by 3, not exactly predicting a "killing"). DT looked a bit tentative, but I really thought he had it when it went to overtime. Dake, however, would not be denied and pulled out a gutsy win. KD has the heart of a lion to go with tons of talent. He also looks huge at 165; I don't see how he makes 157 again. That being said, he didn't score an offensive point and won by the slimmest of margins. There was nothing here to validate all the trash talk by Gonzo, Scribe and others after the trials. Taylor is right there with a guy that many keep placing in the top 5 all time. Not too shabby.

Oh and Gonzo, too bad you didn't have the balls to take my bet. You could of had a down payment on a new trailer.

Taylor is right there with a guy that many keep placing in the top 5 all time. Not too shabby.

Right there?

He's the Hodge winner and returning champion at that weight class.

Very true. If he is top 5 or even 2 all time as we have been hearing, not bad for DT.

I wish you guys would have helped me out more 6 months ago during all of the Hodge forum politicking in favor of Dake.

That would not change a bit. Honestly. Taylor was MUCH better against the field than Dake was. This is an entire different topic.

Taylor is right there with a guy that many keep placing in the top 5 all time. Not too shabby.

Right there?

He's the Hodge winner and returning champion at that weight class.

Very true. If he is top 5 or even 2 all time as we have been hearing, not bad for DT.

I don't understand In freestyle he lost by 5 and was pinned

In folkstyle he was beat in overtime

Round 2 Folkstyle we will see... Dake won by 1 against Frank M and than rode him all the way back to penn state...So next match I expect something similar to Frank happening

Taylor is very good looks bigger than last year but he was approaching this match at the same style as Bubba. Once he gets beat he must have a mental block, he's reserve doesnt want to make mistakes. As a wrestling fan I hope he opens up against Dake. We will not know the outcome until he does but we all know in our minds Taylor will funk himself in a bad position and I think he's aware of it too

I wish you guys would have helped me out more 6 months ago during all of the Hodge forum politicking in favor of Dake.

That would not change a bit. Honestly. Taylor was MUCH better against the field than Dake was. This is an entire different topic.

-Taylor is MUCH better against opponents than Dake.

scribe, I'm not a PSU fan, but I was the one who said Dake stalled his ass off. He did, come on, don't be a homer. He was gassed, he took one shot the whole match, and he got dinged for stalling a little too late for my taste.

For the record, I will admit to being a Taylor fan. However, I am also a Dake fan. I don't prefer either and I enjoy both wrestlers' styles about the same. Taylor is more exciting to watch against all but the very best (Dake obviously qualifies as such). Dake is exciting in a different way, because he may not light up the scoreboard like Taylor, but he shows unique and absolutely incredible technique and head-scratching scrambling ability more often.

Now, it's very fair to say Taylor didn't do much either. He did take more shots, but all but the last one in OT when he was desperate were not really committed shots. Actually, in regulation, Dake committed the most of the two on the only shot he took and created the most exciting 10 seconds of the entire match.

But Dake did stall and if you want to say he didn't, then he was certainly much more inactive than he is on the vast majority of his matches. As I've noted on another thread, I think part of this was that he's not anywhere near the shape he wants to be in later in the year.