Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

"Night at the Improv" starring Tony Ramos!

Which Tony Ramos in-match improvisational move was better: his single leg/whipover combo against Schopp in the semifinals or his leg-and-arm falling down backwards maneuver? Both moves won him the match, both were impressive. So, taking out the context (because clearly the one against Graff won him the championship while the one against Schopp won him the right to wrestle for the championship), which improvisation was better in a vacuum? Neither move will be found in wrestling textbooks.

That tilt in the finals wins, but it's a close one. Ramos is not a tilter....in fact, has he ever hit a tilt in a D1 match in his college career? I know he never has at B1G's or NCAA championships. Then his last move that he ever pulls off in college is a tilt...and a crazy one at that!

I loved both. I had to rewind the Schopp match a couple of times to figure out how he hit that whip over.

The finals "tilt," I was watching with a buddy who is a PSU fan, but doesn't follow much wrestling. I looked at him and said, "that's not a move. You don't teach or drill that." I mean, of course it was a "move," but like you said, totally improv'd.

I gotta go with the finals one, just due to the enormity. Though both were in very clutch situations, close to defeat.

Those wins were all determination.

Ramos didn't look all that good this year... even in the matches he won hes looked a step slower/less crisp than I would have expected. But damn did he pull it out when it counted. After the thrashing he got from Colon he could have been broken mentally... but he wasn't.

Congrats to Ramos on finally reaching his goals.