Sign in to follow this  
Sheerstress

Henderson beats Rua

I think the NCAAs largely overshadowed this fight for most of us fans this week, but it was a very pleasant surprise to see that Dan stopped Rua in the third round of their second fight.

He's looked mortal in his recent fights, and took a lot of punishment in the first two rounds, but definitely still has what it takes even at 43 years old!

It was good to see Henderson get that win.

Luckily for Henderson, Dean didn't ref this fight like he did the Rousey v McMann fight, if he had the fight would have been stopped in the 1st round.

Same with Dean's reffing the Maldonado v Villante fight, Villante spent the last half of the 3rd round getting knocked around & stumbling around the octagon.

I was nervous when I watched Dan going out there, he looks more like someone's dad more than a professional fighter. Not trying to rag on Hendo, the dude's had a stellar career, and he even pulled that one out, but it's getting about time to hang up the gloves.