Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Joey Lazor

Does anyone know exactly what injury he had that caused him to forfeit? Did he think Zain would destroy him? I feel bad for Zain. He looked pissed that he didn't get a chance to wrestle him.

I know 6th isn't too far from fifth, but I still think he should have gone out there if he was somewhat able to.

BTW, a lot of my PSU stuff was trolling. I really was pulling for them. They really came through in the clutch. I sure couldn't pull for the Smithies and Minny just didn't have enough talent to win the thing.

He got slammed by Henderson the match before and it looks like he might have went unconscious. I was surprised the trainers let him actually finish out that match.

Does anyone know exactly what injury he had that caused him to forfeit? Did he think Zain would destroy him? I feel bad for Zain. He looked pissed that he didn't get a chance to wrestle him.

I know 6th isn't too far from fifth, but I still think he should have gone out there if he was somewhat able to.

BTW, a lot of my PSU stuff was trolling. I really was pulling for them. They really came through in the clutch. I sure couldn't pull for the Smithies and Minny just didn't have enough talent to win the thing.

From what I have seen of Lazor, I would assume it has nothing to do about "getting destroyed by Zain." If anything, he'd be pissed he couldn't wrestle the match! Lazor appears to be a gamer to me!

From what I have seen of Lazor, I would assume it has nothing to do about "getting destroyed by Zain." If anything, he'd be pissed he couldn't wrestle the match! Lazor appears to be a gamer to me!

Agree, Lazor actually wrestled Retherford very tough in their match. Had the referee been in position a little faster he might have gotten two more back points as well. The idea of Lazor baking out of the match due to fear is quite laughable. This is D1 wrestling. Guys may avoid other wrestlers out of wanting to win NCAA titles,and knowing that they aren't going to beat them, but no one at this level avoids someone because they're scared of them.

Yes, it was a concussion from the match prior that knocked him out cold.

He finished the match basically in a daze.

I'm extremely disappointed that the coaches, training staff, and officials let him continue that match. He shouldn't have been given the choice to keep going.

Agree, Lazor actually wrestled Retherford very tough in their match. Had the referee been in position a little faster he might have gotten two more back points as well. The idea of Lazor baking out of the match due to fear is quite laughable. This is D1 wrestling. Guys may avoid other wrestlers out of wanting to win NCAA titles,and knowing that they aren't going to beat them, but no one at this level avoids someone because they're scared of them.

Johnythompson#1,

How do you know that wrestlers wouldn't avoid anyone out of fear, but would to avoid for better ncaa placement? Do you have any foundation whatsoever to say what type of dodging D1 wrestlers would and would not do?

I could simply say:

"This is D1 wrestling, guys at this level would never avoid other wrestlers in order to win NCAA titles. No one at this level would do that. The very notion is quite laughable!"

Unless you have some info that I'm not aware of, my statement is just as valid is yours. Is it not?

Johnythompson#1,

How do you know that wrestlers wouldn't avoid anyone out of fear, but would to avoid for better ncaa placement? Do you have any foundation whatsoever to say what type of dodging D1 wrestlers would and would not do?

I could simply say:

"This is D1 wrestling, guys at this level would never avoid other wrestlers in order to win NCAA titles. No one at this level would do that. The very notion is quite laughable!"

Unless you have some info that I'm not aware of, my statement is just as valid is yours. Is it not?

No actually it is not as valid. We both stated opinions, but my opinion has more of a logical connection than yours does. Division I wrestlers for the most part were multiple time state champions and place winners who went into Division I wrestling fully aware of the type of competition that they were going to have to face.

The idea of a wrestler who has lost to another wrestler multiple times moving up or down a weight for a better shot at an NCAA title makes logical sense. It is something that could very likely happen and whether someone ever admits to it or not, does happen.

The idea of a wrestler being scared stiff of wrestling a wrestler because he's afraid of him, like literally scared of him, makes little to no sense at all. This isn't junior high.

As this discussion of "dodging" specifically pertains to Lazor, Lazor would never dodge anyone, aside from not wrestling injured. He's had a fairly injury riddled career, and a little known fact about Lazor is that he LIVES FOR the opportunity to wrestle top competition, as he always believes that he can beat them. His lifetime record testifies that (1) he doesn't dodge tough competition and (20 he has beaten several top competitors over the years.

Ain't gonna happen with Lazor. I wish him the best in his future; he's been a FUN wrestler to watch develop over the years at UNI.

No actually it is not as valid. We both stated opinions, but my opinion has more of a logical connection than yours does. Division I wrestlers for the most part were multiple time state champions and place winners who went into Division I wrestling fully aware of the type of competition that they were going to have to face.

By the same token, they knew who they had to beat in order to be an NCAA champion. Most of them (likely all of them) were probably underdogs at some point in their career and still chose to step on the mat in order to try to win a title of some sort. A title that they could have won had they wrestled elsewhere. In light of that, I could simply say that wrestlers would not avoid competition to win a title, when so many didn't when they were in a comparable position in HS and/or Middle School.

Remember, even if your position has "more of a logical connection", that doesn't therefore mean that the other statement doesn't also have a "logical connection". The accusation that a certain wrestler is avoiding someone due to fear seems to have just as much backing it as your assertion that it's a common occurrence for certain wrestlers to avoid others in order to get ncaa titles. The only thing I see backing both statements is speculation. Am I wrong?

The idea of a wrestler who has lost to another wrestler multiple times moving up or down a weight for a better shot at an NCAA title makes logical sense. It is something that could very likely happen and whether someone ever admits to it or not, does happen.

JT1 you act as if it is illogical to say that a wrestler may avoid a wrestler that he's afraid of. You use the word "logic", so can you specifically tell me which law of logic that I violated?

Remember, there's also the possibility that it's never happened. Let's not discount that possibility without facts

The idea of a wrestler being scared stiff of wrestling a wrestler because he's afraid of him, like literally scared of him, makes little to no sense at all. This isn't junior high.

Do you have anything to back this up? Grown men get afraid all of the time JT1 I'm not sure why you believe that that couldn't happen in wrestling. Why exactly do you believe that a wrestler can't be afraid to wrestle someone? If they are wrestling a very physical wrestler, they may fear getting hurt, right?

And I could easily say that "wrestlers don't avoid other wrestlers in order to win national championships, this isn't junior high". That's not an argument JT1.