Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Announcement from Cael this Week?

There are reports that Molinaro is returning to PSU to train for the 2016 Olympics. That may be the announcement. Returning as a "resident athlete" not as a coach. Blow to Rutgers.

glad Molinaro will be going at a top notch club this summer. this may have been a blow to the SKWC, but if that club was having difficulty putting all the pieces together than i think it's a win win for both programs. Molinaro has a great place to train and when the season starts up again, Rutgers has a an assistant coach with that much more experience to impart back in New Brunswick.

if Molinaro was leaving the coaching staff, then yeah, that would be bad news for RU. doesn't appear to be the case tho.

I think that the Universities willingness to work with the wrestling team and their club and what seems to be their bottomless pocketbook to attract and keep guys like Molinaro into their club is one of the main reason for their recent success.

Believe it or not, Iowa fights the university on funding their club all the time. This directly limits their ability to keep guys around. Having these type of guys around for your guys to work with is soooooo important. Even if they can't go in a organized practice you can roll with them anytime outside of that and they are like having 15 extra top notch coaches around.

I would be very surprised to see any of the guys like Ruth or Taylor take a coaching position anywhere outside of PSU. The leaders of the PSU club will be making sure that it would be a paycut for these guys to leave State College.

Cael Sanderson ‏@caelsanderson · 9m

Excited to say @magicman_psu and @EdwardLeeRuth will both be staying to train with the NLWC as they attack their World & Olympic goals.

Excited to say @magicman_psu and @EdwardLeeRuth will both be staying to train with the NLWC as they attack their World & Olympic goals.

This is news?

Other breaking news:

Sun comes up tomorrow. Look for increased chance of darkness at sunset.

Taylor staying at the NLWC is what a lot of people expected. If I remember correctly, people were speculating that Taylor's presence at the NLWC was a factor in Marsteller heading to Stillwater. The thinking was Marsteller sees Taylor as a future rival.

As for Ruth... too bad Ruth is not going into MMA! Man he would be a beast. Maybe he'll change his mind after the 2016 cycle is over. Oh well. If he's going for freestyle, I say good luck to him. Foster is looking really good lately, so we'll see how Ruth stacks up to him.

Good news, yet ...not a surprise.