Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

One of (IMO) the funnier moments of the finals...

...I remember during the Ruth/Sheptock match, thinking two things, in this order: 1. Where the heck is Robin Ficker, and 2. Who the heck brought in that trumpet. It probably should be no surprise to most of you to find out that the answer to both questions was answered at the same time.

I don't know how many of you guys have actually met Ficker, but he's actually a really nice guy, just really passionate about his Terps, and also, enjoys having fun (even at the expense of giving those around him a headache, although I don't need him to do that, I usually just need to open my mouth).

Two funny Ficker moments for me. One was hearing a huge section shouting his famous slogan Headlock Sheptock. It took us a moment to realize it was the Minnesota fans. Two: I was heading into the fan festival before the finals and Ficker was walking with 3 or 4 kids around 10-14 and he was exhorting them to not wimp out during the finals and to really be vocal in their support of Sheptock. No idea who the kids were but it was very funny to watch.

We had the displeasure to have Ficker at Penn for a match 2 seasons ago and I could never take that for long. I give the Maryland kids kudos for putting up with that.

Two funny Ficker moments for me. One was hearing a huge section shouting his famous slogan Headlock Sheptock. It took us a moment to realize it was the Minnesota fans. Two: I was heading into the fan festival before the finals and Ficker was walking with 3 or 4 kids around 10-14 and he was exhorting them to not wimp out during the finals and to really be vocal in their support of Sheptock. No idea who the kids were but it was very funny to watch.

We had the displeasure to have Ficker at Penn for a match 2 seasons ago and I could never take that for long. I give the Maryland kids kudos for putting up with that.

I'm going to miss hearing "Headlock Sheptock" and "Roley Poley Boley"...

i was at a bar with a few friends saturday and got the bartender to put one of the tvs on espn. one of my friends and I had experienced Ficker in person at Maryland and we were trying to explain him to our other friends with the Ruth Sheptock coming up, when espn cut to Ficker holding a bugle. timing couldnt have been more perfect.

and i still miss having Josh Asper on the team since his slogan was ASPIRATOR, which sounded an awful lot like A$$ PARADER and jokes like that are very funny to me.

...I remember during the Ruth/Sheptock match, thinking two things, in this order: 1. Where the heck is Robin Ficker, and 2. Who the heck brought in that trumpet. It probably should be no surprise to most of you to find out that the answer to both questions was answered at the same time.

I don't know how many of you guys have actually met Ficker, but he's actually a really nice guy, just really passionate about his Terps, and also, enjoys having fun (even at the expense of giving those around him a headache, although I don't need him to do that, I usually just need to open my mouth).

I ran into him on Friday before the R12 matches and spoke with him for about 3 minutes. Very nice man. Very friendly, passionate about wrestling and a lot more knowledgeable about the sport than I realized.

"Headlock Sheptock!"